The purpose of this position is to define and develop the data architectures that underpin current and future offerings for PRGX in its Data Advisory area. This is a growing area for PRGX and new offerings are constantly being innovated. The Solution Architect will work as part of assignment teams, helping the advisory staff to deliver the offering whilst defining data structures and other solution elements such as reporting or data manipulation applications which in time will make the solution repeatable and scalable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with advisory Managing Directors and Principles to develop ideas or client requests into working solutions
- Will be responsible for leading the delivery of first few projects (POC) until the solution is well enough specified and client demand is confirmed.
- Also act as SMEs for any BI/Data requirements coming in from Product Managers once solutions have been defined and developed.
- Responsible for leading delivery of ad-hoc data analysis and BI reporting type assignments
- Also responsible for development of internal toolsets to support delivery, as required from time-to-time.
- Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team.
- May supervise junior resources, as demanded by project size and team structure. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- 50%+ travel based on project needs & location in NYC
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in information systems, computer science, information technology or a related discipline from four-year college or university; Master’s Degree a plus. 6+ years of experience working in a data warehousing or BI environment.
Typical experience expected:
- SQL database skills (Database design, ETL, Advanced T-SQL, Large datasets)
- SSRS and alternative data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView)
- Some knowledge of asp.net (design of small applications to resolve specific data-related problems, data input and update applications, reporting portals)
- Business process knowledge in relevant areas (Data analysis in a Retail environment would be beneficial)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job . Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job , the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk ; lift and /or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear .
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, marital status, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.