Selectica develops innovative software that the world’s most successful companies rely on to improve the effectiveness of their sales process. We’re currently looking for a motivated Solutions Architect to team up with a Selectica Implementation Manager and design technical solutions for complex business problems in a cross-functional environment. The Solutions Architect will work closely with Engineering and QA teams to coordinate project activities and validate custom implementations.
This position is located in San Mateo, CA. Some travel will be required.
- Develop Functional Requirements Specifications and other technical documents as needed
- Present technical information to both external and internal audiences
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients, converting gathered information into requirements and business rules for development teams (e.g., offshore teams)
- Prepare test plans and assist/oversee UAT (User Acceptance Training)
- Attend all client-required status meetings
Qualifications/ experience required:
- Train offshore teams in Selectica methodologies and processes
- Prepare documentation to standardize best-practices
- Work closely with Product Development to convey client ideas and improve product functionality
- Assist with Business Analyst training as needed
- Attend all internal inter-department meetings
Qualifications/ experience preferred:
- BA/BS required; an emphasis in Computer Science or equivalent a plus, with an MS in Computer Science preferred. A minimum of 10 years focused on IT solutions development may be considered in lieu of a formal education.
- Clear understanding of XML and schemas
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming, with proficiency in Java programming
- Experience with J2EE technology components like JSP, Servlets, XML, and Web Services
- Strong in Oracle database concepts, SQL, and PL/SQL programming
- Strong understanding of application and data integration
- Experience directing other technical resources, including offshore resources
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate deliverables - both verbally and in writing - to all levels of team members and clients
- Solid organizational skills
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to work in an ambiguous and/or changing environment
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Prior experience in the contract management space or with contract management solutions/products
- Experience performing application integration using SOAP over HTTP, especially integrations to enterprise ERP systems
- Experience with ERP/CRM systems such as Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, etc.
- Understanding of RDBMS design, modeling, and implementation
- Experience with Unix and Unix data manipulation tools (sed, awk, grep…)
- Experience with integration with LDAP, DocuSign, EchoSign, etc.
Selectica, Inc. - 21 months ago