The primary responsibility for the Solutions Consultant (SC) is to assist the sales representative in all technical aspects of the sales process. The SC will work with the sales team in a pre-sales role to develop and position solutions involving Guidance Software products that meet the prospective customer’s needs and requirements.
The consultant must be able to articulate and demonstrate the Guidance Software solutions, and position products relative to competition. This includes performing these discussions and demonstrations to a wide ranging audience that may encompass highly technical attendees as well as business sensitive attendees like senior executives. The SC also plays a vital role in establishing and nurturing the technical relationship with the customer. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
Activities include, but are not limited to, internal and external conference calls, presentations, technical demonstrations, proof of concept trials, responding to RFI and RFP’s, troubleshooting, speaking engagements, trade shows, internal training as well as other sales types of activity.
This position may require 40% to 60% travel throughout an assigned sales territory.
- Maintains a professional appearance and attitude
- Perform presentations and follow-up with prospective customers
- Understand the customer’s needs and matching them with an appropriate Guidance Software solution
- Present and demonstrate product solution to a wide-ranging audience
- Respond to customer proposals and RFI/RFP request
- Install, support and manage proof of concept trials
- Work with customers to ensure success
- Help to identify and communicate market and product requirements based on field experience
- Work as part of a sales team toward reaching quarterly sales quota
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt to changing conditions and situations.
- Work with other departments to further improve products and processes
- Effectively communicate account status with Sales and SC management.
- Complete and submit activity and expense reports in a timely fashion
- Adhere to all established Guidance Software policies
- Minimum 3 years of pre-sales technical experience
- Technical, working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems is required; knowledge of other operating systems is highly desirable
- Working, technical knowledge of security and networking technologies, concepts and practices
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Good organizational skills; capable of effectively balancing multiple responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Light physical exertion and lifting (up to 50 pounds) may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or demonstration of equivalent experience is required
- Previous EnCase experience
- EnCE certification (EnCase Certified Examiner)
- CISSP or other international recognized security certification
- Hold an active security clearance
Guidance Software Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard