The Solutions Consulting team within the Professional Services function are looking to recruit an experienced Consultant with knowledge of .Net and web development with solid customer facing skills who will contribute to a range of European and International consulting projects.
A newly created role, the Consultant will be a key contributor and work closely with the delivery team of the project and work closely with the Project Manager and Solutions Architect to secure successful delivery of the project.
Our innovative solutions are designed to improve research and development productivity for organizations around the world through better science and technology. The successful candidate will be part of a team of Consultants and Architects who work on an interesting and diverse range of projects. Engagements range in size from small product extensions to larger projects delivering large-scale enterprise systems involving integration of Accelrys and a wide variety of third party applications and frameworks.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Contributes to translation of client requirements into prototypes, functional specification, detailed design and implementation
- Development and configuration of enterprise software which meets the identified requirements, with close involvement with team members
- Estimate the level of effort required to implement a given solution to achieve high customer satisfaction levels within the constraints of scope, time, quality and cost.
- Provide solution and development expertise to other projects deploying similar solutions.
- Actively provides input into risk management and quality assurance.
- Assist in the creation of proposals and estimates
o Database Development using Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server,
- Knowledgeable in C#, ASP.NET; ExtJS with the ability and aptitude to learn new technical skills for example:
o Data Warehousing and Data Mining,
o Enterprise System Design,
o System Integration,
- Pipeline Pilot development skills would be a distinct advantage though not essential.
- Ability to quickly absorb product and technical knowledge and quickly grasp the business requirements and the environment in which our clients operate.
- Experience working in a scientific, laboratory management or research environment highly desirable as is experience working in a consulting environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to build and develop strong professional relationships with customers.
- Strong presentation and good facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently whilst also able to work as a team member and to work collaboratively in a challenging multi-cultural environment, often within a ‘virtual’ team.
- Commercially aware and results focused with a commitment to deliver on time at high quality.
- French, Spanish and/or German language skills helpful.
- A BSc in Computer Science with proven interest in Science, although Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Mathematics degrees will also be considered if there is a large element of Computer Science in the degree course.
Symyx Technologies, Inc. - 2 years ago
Symyx Technologies, Inc. (Symyx) is a scientific research and development (R&D) integration partner to companies in the life sciences,...