We are looking for a qualified candidate for the role of Solutions Engineer. The ideal candidate will have strong technical sales knowledge necessary to support network WAN sales and will meet or exceed the following criteria:
Daily activities include (but not limited to):
- 3+ years of sales engineering experience in the telecommunications industry. Experience in selling to multinational customers is a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge in MPLS-based IP-VPN, VPLS, Leased Line, Ethernet [Switched & Dedicated], Internet/ISP services, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IP Precedence/DSCP QoS, HSRP/VRRP, wireless access technologies, Cisco CPE
- Working technical knowledge in Co-location, Managed & Dedicated Hosting, System Integration, Managed and Professional Services, WAN performance acceleration (Cisco/Riverbed/Juniper/etc)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines for deliverables
- Ability to support and exceed customer’s expectations
- WAN/LAN technologies experience with heavy concentration in MPLS VPN
- Bi-lingual English/Japanese is a plus
- Solution design / whiteboard with account managers to develop proposal solution
- Validate various solution quote requests
- Create RFP responses
- Attend customer visits with account managers for solution discovery & proposals
- Create & deliver customer-facing presentations to support solution sales
Excellent verbal & written communication skills; excellent organizational skills; ability to work well with people from many different disciplines and varying degrees of experience; as well as the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
The Woods Group - 13 months ago
The Woods Group is an executive search firm, focusing on positions in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, as well as nationwide.