Facility: Ashburn, VA
Latisys prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented environment. As a fast growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be.
Latisys is seeking a motivated individual to provide pre-sales engineering support for direct and indirect sales efforts for the Latisys local sales team. Extract business and technical requirements from prospective clients and architect hosting solutions that meet those requirements by leveraging the Latisys Solutions Portfolio. Interact with operations and platform engineering teams and disseminate pertinent information to the sales force for the purpose of enhancing our ability to deliver supportable solutions. Architect solutions according to industry best practices. Transfer personally acquired technical knowledge to the rest of the Latisys sales organization. Drive increased close rates of large or complex opportunities within the local market to accelerate revenue growth for the company.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Latisys offers an extensive benefits package to its employees, including 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, employee assistance program, paid life insurance, paid AD&D, paid short term and long term disability, paid time off and paid company holidays.
If you are interested in joining our company, apply now
- Gather business and technical requirements from prospective Latisys customers and create supportable solutions that meet those requirements leveraging capabilities within the Latisys solutions portfolio.
- Create high-quality customer facing deliverables to convey the optimal design that meets the aforementioned requirements in a way that positions Latisys above competing solutions and drives increased sales.
- Conduct subject matter training sessions with members of the Latisys sales organization to improve technical understanding of our capabilities.
- Assist in the creation of competitive market data to ensure Latisys solutions are appropriately priced, and appropriately pitched against competing solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Provide consultative guidance to clients and prospective clients on infrastructure related issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Salary is DOE
- Strong fundamental understanding of the full operating envelope of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server Technologies – Windows Server 2008/2012
- Hypervisor based virtualization technologies, namely VMWare ESX (critical) and Microsoft HyperV or Zen (Less critical).
- Enterprise SAN, NAS and DAS storage subsystems, including associated fabrics (Fiber Channel, iSCSI, SAS) and various Storage Replication technologies
- Strong understanding of Internet Technologies, IP, DNS, Layer 3/Routing, OSI
- Data Center Technology such as Power distribution, Generators, PDU’s, Cooling technologies
- Solid understanding of Disaster Recovery processes, enabling technologies and DR Solution design.
- Experience designing highly available IT infrastructure.
- Cloud Computing - Private Cloud Technology, Public Cloud Technology, Cloud computing vendor landscape.
- Enterprise firewall infrastructure
- Security functions such as IDS/IPS, VPN/Encryption
- Load Balancer technologies
Latisys is an equal opportunity employer
Latisys is a leading provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services and disaster recovery solutions to medium-sized businesses,...