DDN does NOT accept resumes or calls from recruitment agencies; thank you for your cooperation.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and professional services that enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security & intelligence organizations.
Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise.
We are currently seeking a Solutions QA Engineer
DDN is looking for a seasoned QA engineer to join our Solutions QA team.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
Qualifications for this role are:
- Test automation and test execution for verification of storage subsystem controllers, enclosures and solutions. Areas to be tested include product Firmware, File System software, disk management, enclosure management, controller failover, I/O path and SAN/Fabric system management functions.
- Review solution requirements from a QA point of view and participate in feature test scoping for input into the development of the product roadmap.
- Participate in cross functional teams to develop a comprehensive systems level solution test strategy that encompasses base storage products and solutions, including cross functional review for such plan.
- Participate in the development and improvement of the automation test framework.
- Prepare test data, execute tests and review/evaluate results.
- Continuous process improvement.
DDN has a strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Knowledge of Storage and SAN protocols including, but not limited to Fiber Channel, SAS, IB, TCP/IP, SCSI, iSCSI, etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of data storage concepts: RAID, SCSI, FC, file systems, etc..
- Experience in automated unit and system testing. (Jenkins test framework experience a plus).
- Experience reading, writing and debugging shell, Python and/or Perl scripts (preferably Perl).
- Experience in Linux and Windows based SW development .
- Hands on programmer, strong in data structures and programming practices.
- Experience in designing, developing, executing and maintaining test cases and procedures, preferably in an automated fashion.
- Exhibit strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Thorough grasp of QA methodologies and the QA lifecycle for white box, black box, functional, combinatorial, and customer-oriented testing.
- Experience writing and executing test plans and test cases with minimal guidance.
- Document precise and concise defect reports and test results. Experience characterizing firmware behavior highly desired.
- Strong analytical, organizational and conceptual skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge and experience with agile processes a distinct plus.
- Knowledge and experience with the Hadoop framework a distinct plus.
- Experience in geographically distributed teams is highly desired
Self Starter – A pro-active orientation and the ability to operate independently to achieve goals.
Success/Achievement Orientation – Ability to thrive in the face of adversity, drive to overcome all obstacles to reach goals.
Leveraging Relationships – Orientation to leverage all relationships (internally and externally) to maximize personal and DDN successes.
Problem Solving – Ability to understand a situation and to identify the best route to satisfy all concerned parties and enhance DDN’s brand.
DDN takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, DDN welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
Thank you for your interest in joining DDN!
Please read only if you need application assistance:
If you are having problems applying online or need assistance with applying for a position or have general questions, please contact Human Resources via email at EmploymentApplicationHelp@ddn.com.
This email is specifically designated for people who are having difficulty applying for a specific position via our website at www.ddn.com/careers. All candidates MUST apply via our website and to a specific open position to be considered for a position; we do not accept resumes at this email or in any other submission format.
If you are having a problem applying to a role online, please state this in your email and someone will be in touch with you within 36 business hours.
Thank you so much and have a great day!
The Recruitment Team at DDN
DataDirect Networks, Inc. - 20 months ago