Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. We are a young, energetic, and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and are looking for a new Sommelier Manager to grow with us! As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, our Sommelier Manager is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Job Title: Sommelier Manager
Reports To: Restaurant General Manager and Beverage Director
Job Description: Our Sommelier Manager will be responsible for assist with managing the Eataly Wine department to meet Eataly’s targets, missions and policies. The aim of the Sommelier Manager is to maximize wine profits while minimizing costs, ensuring prices are accurate and that the merchandise is always up to standard. Our manager will also need to motivate a restaurant staff in outstanding customer service and wine knowledge, consistently training and developing a strong team to represent the department.
We are looking for an energetic individual to be a strong, focused management presence, not only maintaining customer service, but passionately training and inspiring staff about Eataly wine and its related products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages and motivates the wine team to increase sales and ensure efficiency, while consistently giving excellent customer service in the department. Responsible for driving wine sales both personally and through a team.
• Responsible for employee training and development, providing feedback and motivating the staff to continually improve wine knowledge and customer care standards.
• Manages wine displays and stock levels and makes key decisions about stock control and product layout, while developing strong relationships with vendors to order supplies and merchandise as needed.
• Analyzes wine sales figures and forecasts future sales volumes in order to plan and maximize sales. Will also be responsible for managing a budget and controlling departmental costs.
• Collaborates interdepartmentally as needed to plan activities, special events, share information, etc.
• Demonstrated experience and education in restaurants and/or hospitality management; experience with wine and in a sommelier environment strongly preferred.
• Experience directing a restaurant staff to accomplish sales and customer service goals.
• Demonstrable wine knowledge and expertise in varietals.
• Knowledge of Italian language, culture, food history and Slow Food principles a plus.
• Full and open availability to work days, nights and weekends as needed.
• Expert computer skills including strong experience in Microsoft Excel.
• Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability to adapt to changing day-to-day responsibilities and events.
• Excellent leadership and customer service skills.
Eataly - 9 months ago