"Technology Fan? Born to Sell? Do you love your computer?
If you are extremely tech savvy, an outgoing person, an early adopter and are born to spread some tech love, we may have the perfect part-time job for you!"
We are hiring for a hot job representing the Sony Brand with leading outsourced sales company MarketStar .
We're looking for people to demonstrate, promote and sell a variety of exciting new products from the industry-leading technology company Sony in retail stores in the Sony Sales Specialist position.
As a Sony Specialist , you must be: personable, driven and passionate about new technology and its power to improve people's lives. We are looking for people who are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about computers, digital imaging, televisions and mobile devices, and who will spread that excitement to customers as well as Retail Sales Associates (RSAs).
Don’t wait! This is an amazing opportunity and nationwide positions will be filled quickly.
In addition to the job duties outlined below, staff should perform other duties as assigned by Managers when necessary.
Sony Sales Specialist Responsibilities:
Sony Sales Specialists Are:
- Use innovative customer engagement and creative sales techniques to increase sales of Sony's products at retail
- Use passion for customer service and knowledge of technology to build quality relationships with consumers at retail
- Field questions about product features and explain benefits
- Engage and excite customers by showing them how the right products can enrich their lives
- Deliver product demonstrations that are relevant and memorable, and which increase sales and brand advocacy
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with RSAs and Store Management as a trusted ally and brand representative of Sony
- Share observations, concerns, and potential solutions: what works well, what could work better (inventory, sell-in, pricing deviations, sales techniques)
- Maintain Sony displays in merchandising
- Verify in-store product assortment
- Manage and execute special Sony events
- Understand the industry and local market. Know the retailer and their competitors. Know Sony's competitors and their strengths and weaknesses
- Take direction from Manager(s) and complete all tasks as assigned
- Adhere to retail store policies as directed
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining site before, during and after each day
- Report daily metrics and feedback as directed
- Natural-born Sellers
- Crowd Lovers & Pleasers
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, confident and able to connect with consumers in a retail setting. Intelligent and unpretentious. Confident and approachable. Driven and motivated, with the ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Extremely tech savvy; passionate about the web, social media, digital imaging, televisions, computers and mobile devices
- Knowledgeable about popular web browsers, social media sites, tech blogs and websites, and web apps
- Confident; self-starters; creative; inspirational; passionate; intuitive; polished
- Enthusiastic; fast-paced; persuasive; responsive to urgency; adaptable; reliable; committed
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
- Previous sales and/or demonstration experience
- Previous retail experience
- Must be technically advanced with expertise in consumer electronics and new technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced retail environment
- Ability to work hard, juggling many responsibilities in order to represent the brand
- Ability to capture data anecdotally on guest experiences
- Analytical skills a plus
- Ability to safely lift at least 40lbs
- Ability to work standing up during work shifts (no sitting allowed)
- Stay current with product updates and announcements
- Have reliable transportation + be able to travel regionally for training
- Some locations require bi-lingual candidates
- Sony Specialist will represent full breadth of all Sony products
- Be a Sony brand advocate who can engage with customers on product benefits, solutions, connectivity & demonstrations
- Passionate about products, energetic, digital native
- Open to new ideas, outgoing
- Good communicator, good listener and know how to translate solutions back to customer
- Great problem solver, knows how to overcome barriers
- Reliable, independent, accountable for results
- Responsive with aggressive follow-up skills and have highest attention to value-added reporting skills
- Technical Learner: Picks up on technical things quickly; Can learn new skills and knowledge; Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge—like Internet technology; Does well in technical courses and seminars .
- Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; Spends the extra effort to put others at ease; Can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others. Builds rapport well; Is a good listener; Is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; Has the patience to hear people out; Can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions;Is timely with information
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; A relentless and versatile learner; Open to change; Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement ;Experiments and will try anything to find solutions; Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
We offer outstanding Training, Support & Compensation:
When applying, please be prepared to:
- Long Term & Ongoing Opportunities
- $14-16/Hour (Depends On Experience)
- Typical Schedule is Friday-Sunday ~ 20 Hours/Week (Some stores up to 36 Hours/Week)
- Initial and ongoing training and a first-look at Sony's new products
- Stellar reps will have opportunities for potential long-term employment with Sony!
Either LG Opening
BlackBerry Promo Rep
ZTE Brand Advocate
E-Reader Brand Advocate
Here is the map of the stores for our Sony Sales Specialist . Please indicate on your application which store(s) you wish to be considered for:
- Provide digital copy of your resume
- Provide digital photo of yourself that you can upload with the application (we would like this as we may not be able to conduct a face to face interview with you due to your location)
- Must have access to a computer or device with a webcam for potential video interview
- Undergo a background check and drug screen (upon offer)
- List the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of one personal and one professional reference
- Set your email program to accept emails from t11a.com and marketstar.com
- Note, that if you apply for this position, you will not be considered and bloced from applying for the following programs as it is in conflict iwth this Sony program :
Sony Sales Specialist Stores (Updated As of 2/14/13 - New Stores Added!)
MarketStar does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where MarketStar does business.
MarketStar - 17 months ago
Founded in 1988, MarketStar Corporation has established its authority in strategic outsourced sales and marketing solutions, go-to-market...