About Waste Management
Do you pride yourself on your attention to detail? Does the possibility of working with a team of people committed to a greener earth excite you ? Are you ready to put your hard work to good use at a company that wants to see you grow professionally?
If your answer is yes, then you should apply for the Sorter role at Waste Management now, a place where you can develop your career, while helping us continue our growth as an industry leader.
Our Sorters are responsible for ensuring proper placement of recyclable materials on the conveyer line. This position requires outside work 100 percent of the workday. As a Sorter , your role is to maintain a safe and clean environment in accordance with industry standards. You will become an expert at dividing all recyclable materials according to item and properly placing them on the conveyor line.
- Must have the ability to regularly lift 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds;
- Stand for long periods of time; bend and stoop; work in an unheated and non air-conditioned environment
- Comply with proper safety policies and procedures as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background check
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package, unbeatable Health Care Benefits, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Vacation, Personal Days, Stock Purchase plan, Incredible 401k plan, and more! Please note the benefits may vary by site.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 months prior experience
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are also a...