Sourcing & Purchasing Specialist
LION has an exciting opportunity for a Sourcing/Purchasing Specialist to join our Purchasing Department at our headquarters in Dayton, Ohio. We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated professional who is ready to make a positive contribution to the team the moment they begin working with us.
The Sourcing/Purchasing Specialist is responsible for establishing and executing purchasing and contract management, policies, procedures and reports. Create and utilize systems to evaluate vendor quotations and ensure quality, price, delivery, and service meet the high standards of LION.
• Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements.
• Lead/participate on various continuous improvement teams in an effort to improve internal processes.
• Develop and enhance relationships with customers and site senior leadership within assigned client groups.
• Process requisitions, manage purchase orders and change notices to ensure on time, high quality, and low cost delivery.
• Analyze market and delivery conditions to forecast material availability.
• Ensure timely receipt of materials to support the production schedule.
• Research, develop and cultivate positive vendor relations to achieve maximum cost savings, optimal performance & quality standards.
• Establish strong business relationships with Suppliers and Internal Customer Groups through refined communication skills.
• Create a Supplier Management Program to include Supplier Risk Assessments, Service Level Agreements, Contract Compliance and Total Cost of Ownership Programs.
• Prepare, distribute and analyze responses to request for proposal (RFP).
• Lead supplier evaluation, contract negotiations, and selection process.
• Responsible for supplier performance measurement and KPI reporting.
• Define and publish performance metrics for measurement, comparison or evaluation of both the internal and external purchasing function.
• Develop and execute category sourcing strategy and savings targets for the area, up to $35M annually.
• Conduct Opportunity Assessments and Market Analysis.
• Minimum four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in business administration, material management, logistics, or similar.
• 5-7 years working experience in a manufacturing environment with experience in purchasing, inventory, planning, supervision, S & OP, and ERP systems, preferably Oracle.
• Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, communication, and networking skills are required.
• Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
• Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed project expectations.
Apply through this link if you are interested in an exciting new career opportunity with a global company.
LION is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse screening.
Lion Apparel, Inc. - 17 months ago