The Sourcing Agent is responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive sourcing strategies and initiatives that support The Resource Group, Ascension Health System Office, and Ascension Health Ministry objectives developed in close collaboration with senior leadership and key stakeholders. Reporting to the Manager, Sourcing the Sourcing Agent works with The Resource Group leadership to ensure that supply chain processes are consistent with and supportive of sourcing strategies. They serve as a key representative for The Resource Group and on behalf of its group purchasing organization (GPO) in interactions with current and potential suppliers. They participate in Strategic Sourcing teams, initiatives, and projects using established strategic sourcing and category management methodologies and ensure that work complies with internal and external policies and regulations.
This associate promotes, exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
- Consistently work to achieve a competitive advantage in total cost, quality, technology, and supply continuity across disciplines to ensure achievement of acceptable products and vendors as indicated by Decision Teams.
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions to minimize risk for all participants.
- Ensure that consistent and defendable sourcing strategies and supporting supply chain processes are in place and that they are properly administered to be in compliance with all regulations and policies.
- Perform contract management and maintenance including amendments, extension of terms, and product adds and deletes.
- Identify, develop, implement and monitor opportunities for process improvement and reduction in unnecessary variation.
- Review and analyze sourcing data, market trends, benchmarking best practices, and maintain market awareness to provide continuous improvements for sourcing strategies.
- Develop and facilitate collaborative working relationships with Finance, Corporate Risk, Legal, Contract Design and Implementation teams through communications and timely reporting of changes in critical business matters.
- Provide regular updates on category strategies and supplier relationship management programs, including key performance metrics and status of process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure maximum leverage of The Resource Group and Ascension Health’s collective purchasing power and exercise sound business judgment.
- Identify and develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results, including, but not limited to, monitoring success of implementation.
- Implement and maintain quality Strategic Sourcing tools and processes including electronic auctions to facilitate sourcing programs, deliver cost savings, and value added benefits.
- Coordinate and liaise for provision of analytical support when appropriate.
- Review supplier relationships, renegotiate supplier contracts, identify and develop supplier process improvement initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business required, MBA or equivalent preferred
- Five to eight years of applicable experience with strong negotiation skills demonstrated across a range of supplier and commercial contexts
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and experience in all elements of supply chain, especially in designated category, including strategic sourcing, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, and supplier management
- Experience in the healthcare field preferred
- Experience in complex contract development and negotiations
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong analytical and financial background
- Analytical skills with the ability to produce results with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of healthcare products and services
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, database and word-processing applications
- Ability to rapidly establish creditability and relationships with a broad range of individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication, project management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ascension Health - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...