Job Title: Sourcing Manager
Job ID: 03947
Division : Controller
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
In addition to the responsibilities below, the position will also have responsibility for Policy & Procedure Management, Data Metrics & Reporting, and Technology Solution Management.
CPM/CPSM or CPA designations are a plus.
The Sourcing Manager leads a team of sourcing professionals responsible for meeting the company's demand for supplier produced goods and services. Assists the Sourcing Director in developing, executing, and managing sourcing and procurement goals and strategy across the organization for all categories. Facilitates the creation and integration of sourcing strategies used by the department. Prioritizes sourcing projects based on their significance to the organization and available resources. Promotes and provides an environment conducive to teaming within a matrix organization.
- Sourcing Strategy Process Management (35%)
- Develops and administers strategies to achieve performance objectives relating to quality, cost, and materials availability.
- Oversees the development of sourcing roadmaps for business units based on knowledge of current and future business needs.
- Assists in developing and updating category strategies, both long and short term, to assure supply base development in support of the company's needs.
- Oversees research efforts to identify industry and supplier trends for categories managed within the department. Guides the analysis of industry trends and identifies relevant impacts of the overall economy.
- Oversees development of cost management strategies related to the spend category.
- Oversees the identification and review of business requirements from business units and the creation of the sourcing project plan to meet the requirements.
- Oversees the execution of sourcing project plans.
- Provides support for technical and financial analyses and make vs. buy decisions to support alternative supply methodologies such as internal manufacture or complete outsourcing.
- Risk Management (20%)
- Oversees development and management of a risk profile and strategies in accordance with existing contracts, applicable laws, regulations, and organizational policy.
- Oversees development of tools and processes to measure, report, and improve compliance with sourcing policies.
- Promotes the utilization of standard sourcing and procurement policies, processes, procedures, tools and practices.
- Ensures supplier selection and contract negotiations adhere to policies and procedures and meet legal criteria.
- Ensures inclusion of standard contract terms and conditions across all agreement types.
- Analyzes and resolves issues raised in audit reports.
- Supplier Selection and Performance Management (20%)
- Works with other sourcing units and business partners to develop supplier-specific performance evaluation tools, key performance indicators, service level agreements and corporate metrics.
- Monitors and reports on contract compliance and performance. Ensures contractual terms, service level agreements, and other performance expectations are met.
- Manages processes, mechanisms and tools for measuring supplier performance, including category-specific supplier performance measurements.
- Negotiates performance improvements and remedies with suppliers in instances of non-compliance. Negotiates contract changes or adjustments when needed.
- Provides oversight of the development and execution of communication plans with suppliers, and resolution of issues as needed.
- Assists in the resolution of supply problems.
- Relationship Management (10%)
- Develops a dynamic network of key business partners to effectively gauge strategic/significant initiatives and their expected impacts on strategic sourcing activities.
- Develops relationships with divisions and business units to secure ongoing cooperation, and effective category management.
- Influences key stakeholders to leverage department services for sourcing activities.
- Management/Leadership for Department or Unit (10%)
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans.
- Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results (5%)
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision-making.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Lead Change
- Lead Corp Vision & Strategy
- Lead People
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Demonstrated experience conducting financial analyses to understand financial impacts of sourcing decisions.
- Demonstrated experience leading large complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple commodity categories
- Demonstrated experience managing suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of sourcing and procurement practices
- Solid knowledge and understanding of sourcing performance metrics.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of demand management principles
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 9 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...