The Sourcing Manager is responsible for development and implementation of comprehensive sourcing strategies and initiatives that support corporate and Ascension Health Ministry objectives developed in close collaboration with senior leadership and key stakeholders. The Sourcing Manager reports to a Sourcing Director and works with supply chain leadership to ensure that supply chain processes are consistent with and supportive of sourcing strategies. Serve as key representative for Ascension Health and The Resource Group in interactions with current and potential suppliers. Lead strategic sourcing process, initiatives, and projects using established strategic sourcing and category management methodologies. Ensure that work complies with internal and external policies and regulations.
This associate promotes, exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
- Achieve a competitive advantage in total cost, quality, technology and supply continuity in assigned discipline. Ensure that consistent and defendable sourcing strategies and supporting supply chain processes are in place and properly administered in compliance with all regulations and policies. Develop and implement category management programs for key segments of external spend, as well as Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) programs for key suppliers. Identify, develop, implement and monitor opportunities for process improvement and value creation initiatives. Review and analyze sourcing data, market trends, benchmarking best practices, and maintain market awareness to provide continuous improvements for sourcing strategies.
- Develop and facilitate collaborative working relationships with Finance, Contract Design and Implementation teams through communications and timely reporting of changes in critical business matters. Provide regular updates on category strategies and SRM programs, including key performance metrics and status of process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure maximum leverage of Ascension Health’s collective purchasing power and exercise sound business judgment. Identify and develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results, including monitoring success of implementation.
- Implement and maintain quality Strategic Sourcing tools and processes to facilitate sourcing Program and deliver cost savings and value added benefits.
- Coordinate with designated Contract Design discipline leader with relation to sourcing activity, discipline-specific knowledge and supplier engagement.
- Coordinate and liaise for provision of analytical support when appropriate.
- Review supplier relationships, renegotiate supplier contracts, identify and develop supplier process improvement initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to produce results with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of healthcare products and services used in acute care settings
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, database and word-processing applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication, project management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to rapidly establish creditability and relationships with a broad range of individuals.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Bachelor’s degree in business required.
- MBA or equivalent required.
- Five to ten years of supply chain experience.
- Strong negotiation skills demonstrated across a range of supplier and commercial contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in complex contract development and negotiation.
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and experience in all elements of supply chain, especially in designated category, including strategic sourcing, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, and supplier relationship management.
- Healthcare acute care experience preferred.
- Analytical and/or financial background preferred.
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...