This position will assist in implementing strategic direction for the procurement of indirect goods and services. Lead sourcing projects between $500K and $2.5M, capture business requirements from internal customers, develop the appropriate sourcing strategy, solicit and evaluate responses from the supply market and negotiate agreements that deliver best value.
Reports to: Category Director
Peers: Sourcing Managers, Category Teams
Direct Reports: None
1. Conduct research and analyze relevant supply marketplace, maintain working knowledge of business trends including industry issues, cost drivers, global pricing, market conditions and economic indicators, identify new and/or alternate sources of supply as necessary.
2. Work with internal customers to create thorough business requirements to incorporate in sourcing strategies and resultant agreements.
3. Persuade management on procurement strategy; ensure internal customers incorporate business requirements in category sourcing strategies and resulting agreements.
4. Drive the creation and evaluation of RFQ/RFP’s to support supplier selection Process for anticipated spend between $500K and $2.5M, coordinate regular supplier business reviews that include supplier performance reviews, technology roadmaps, business growth strategies and supply market changes.
5. Negotiate best price, quality, service levels and delivery terms for purchased products and services that deliver the lowest total cost.
6. Perform complex financial and cost analyses, projections and financial evaluations of bid proposals and supplier’s financial strength.
7. Manage cross functional teams on multiple projects with wide category range.
8. Other projects as assigned.
* Essential Functions
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management required.
· MBA preferred
· CPM or CPSM preferred.
· Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement
Job Related Experience:
Minimum 5 years business related experience in a Strategic Sourcing or Procurement analyst function with increasing level of financial responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
· Ability to make decisions based on precedent and solve arising problems using sound judgment and experience.
· Proven negotiation and influence skills (both internal and external).
· Command of commercial and contract law
· Strong analytical skills to effectively identify critical levers determine key information; identify alternative approaches and present logical recommendations.
· Demonstrated understanding of supply management best practices.
· Consultative approach that includes superior customer service skills.
· Capacity for setting and meeting aggressive milestones.
· Talent for developing teamwork between people and organizations.
· Ability to conduct business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal issues.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv - 12 months ago
It's 10:30, America. Do you know where your money is? Fiserv does. The company provides financial services technology to banks,...