Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Responsible for assisting and leading Line of Business
teams in strategic planning, analysis and execution of consolidated purchase agreements. Integrate supplier base with business processes and negotiate agreements to leverage their capabilities and volume.
1. Negotiations: With guidance, understand and negotiate complex contract agreements and lead negotiating teams. Agreements may be global in scope.
2. Technical Ability: Develop strategies and assist in leading cross-functional business teams through a high level understanding of technology, industry and market conditions.
3. Quality and Supplier Productivity: Pro-actively drive supplier productivity initiatives and jointly develop supplier improvement road maps through the use of Total Quality Management (TQM) principles.
4. Teamwork: Demonstrate peer acceptance and recognition as a team leader/motivator who seeks communication and diverse viewpoints.
5. Sourcing Strategy: With guidance, lead and facilitate cross-functional strategy formulation for a commodity; identify key milestones; and lead team to accomplish business objectives.
6. Supplier Capability Management: Anticipate market changes and use them to develop commodity plans that leverage supplier capability.
7. Integrated Supplier Management: With guidance, lead cross-functional initiatives to link supplier capabilities to potential product development/enhancement opportunities.
8. Material Focus: Lead and facilitate cross-functional teams formulating material flow and logistics strategies to support manufacturing initiatives
9. Represent purchasing on product development teams guiding sourcing decisions and coordinating purchasing activities.
10. Assist in developing annual purchasing financial plans.
1. Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field.
2. Four to six years experience in purchasing or related discipline in a multi plan environment.
3. MBA desired.
4. Leadership and strategic skills.
5. Outstanding professional and written verbal communication skills.
6. Familiarity with business and contract law as applied to supplier
7. Strong negotiating skills.
8. Exposure to global sourcing.
9. Strong technical aptitude a plus.
Purchasing and Procurement
Building Efficiency North America
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...