This position will be responsible for sourcing and procurement activities, including developing sourcing strategies for assigned categories, leading sourcing teams, establishing and prioritizing activities for their team to achieve objectives and results.
Additionally, this position may be supporting implementation of new suppliers for their given categories.
This position will report to the SpendSmart Director of Strategic Sourcing, and will work closely with other Regional and Global sourcing organizations and key customers in McOpCo and US Home Office.
This position will manage their assigned sourcing analysts during sourcing activities.
Strategic Sourcing Process Ownership:
Spend Analysis Process Ownership:
- Leads and champions SpendSmart’s 7-Step Strategic Sourcing process, including training new team members, updating process and tools regularly, and serving as advocate for the Strategic Sourcing Process
- Conducts outreach and alignment of sourcing process with other organizations within McDonald’s
- Holds and conducts training for Category Managers and other internal customers on the Strategic Sourcing process
- Supports managing execution of Strategic Sourcing projects and project pipeline, to ensure that sourcing managers have analysis and required support to complete their projects on-time
Strategic Sourcing Execution:
- Leads annual spend analysis refresh, including developing recommendations for category and savings opportunities
- Provides baseline spend analysis for sourcing initiatives
- Leads savings realization reporting, including methodology and reporting
- Manages spend analysis tool and trains sourcing analysts on tool
- Stays informed on latest industry trends in spend analysis and visibility
- Aligns with IT liaison to ensure spend analysis tools are functional, available and refreshed as necessary
- Partner with Category Managers to identify processes, metrics and tools to optimize procurement activities and work collaboratively with team members to prioritize and drive implementation for the US business
- Effectively manage sourcing resources to develop and execute category sourcing projects to generate required savings and to lead team members in the following steps:
- − Determining roles, strategy and tactics for the sourcing process
- − Negotiating, structuring, and analyzing the deal
- − Scoring suppliers and supports the supplier selection process
- − Providing expert judgment on the value of the deal
- − Supporting execution and transition activities (at times leading these efforts)
- − Developing project plans, deliverables, metrics and milestones for associated projects
- Work with key stakeholders to deploy effective procurement strategies for select spend categories and to increase the ability to leverage volume and spend
- Develop plans for deploying agreements to suppliers
- Communicate team results to senior stakeholders
- Foster and manage strategic relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers, external company counterparts, and industry and trade associations to garner best practices to continually enhance procurement and spend management processes
- Identify resource requirements needed for meeting team goals
- Provide direction, manage performance, and ensure staff development for both direct reports and dotted-line reports during sourcing projects
- Build successful and high performing working teams
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field required.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in strategic sourcing or commensurate experience in related functions.
- C.P.M. (Certified Purchasing Manager) designation is a plus.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
McDonald's - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million people in...