Job Title: Sourcing Policy & Procedure Specialist
Job ID: 03575
Division : Controller
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Sourcing Policy and Procedure Specialist facilitates the development of all Sourcing and Procurement processes and procedures. Conducts audits of required deliverables for specific sourcing projects and for contract compliance for specific suppliers or contracts. Collaborates with department members in the design and modification of controls to mitigate financial reporting risks. Coordinates annual control testing for the department. Conducts self-audits on Sourcing and Procurement processes and controls and prepares reports communicating results.
- Governance (30%)
- Administers a central repository of current contracts and tools to monitor supplier accountability to contractual requirements.
- Conducts contract compliance reviews for specific suppliers/contracts. Alerts consultant or business unit of any issues. Closes out alert status when issue has been resolved.
- Develops and maintains process for reporting contract compliance.
- Reviews contracts to ensure American Family is meeting contract terms.
- Conducts periodic reporting of supplier performance and metrics.
- Monitors internal performance relative to policies, processes and procedures to determine if business units are using procurement services and processes appropriately.
- Conducts audits of required deliverables supporting specific sourcing projects. Asks questions to confirm the validity and integrity of information in the database.
- Develops reports on internal compliance and provides recommendations for remediation.
- Policy, Process and Procedures Development (30%)
- Works with subject matter experts to document and maintain Sourcing and Procurement policies, processes and procedures and related training.
- Develops and maintains corporate policies, processes and procedures to guide business units in terms of procuring goods, controlling spend and managing internal demand specific to a category.
- Reviews processes, policies, and procedures with subject matter experts on a regular basis and revises as necessary.
- Leads process improvement activities to ensure the most efficient and effective processes are in use. Researches and reviews information from other divisions, companies, and industry publications to seek improvements to policies and procedures.
- Coordinates communications and education of sourcing and procurement policies, processes and procedures to business partners and within Sourcing.
- Internal Controls (20%)
- Collaborates with department members in the design and modification of controls to mitigate financial reporting risks.
- Maintains department internal control documentations.
- Assists in the development of key controls test plans.
- Coordinates annual control testing. Conducts self-audits on Sourcing and Procurement processes and controls and prepares reports communicating results.
- Project Management (20%)
- Initiates and leads department projects. Drafts project charter, identifies resources and creates reporting mechanisms.
- Establishes objectives, deliverables, budgets, timelines and milestones for each assignment.
- Monitors project against budget, scope and timeline, and develops corrective action plans when necessary.
- Regularly communicates project progress to all constituencies. Provides project documentation.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Relationship Building
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Basic knowledge and understanding of internal controls and testing concepts.
- Demonstrated experience developing policies, processes and procedures.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement and sourcing processes and practices.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 23 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...