The Sourcing Specialist serves as a business partner to our recruitment team and hiring managers, providing support for our national recruitment efforts through the development and execution of sourcing strategies to identify top talent.
Specific responsibilities include the following, with other duties as assigned:
- Gain a clear understanding of our business groups and associated staffing needs to anticipate and plan for current and future sourcing activities.
- Collaborate with recruiters and hiring managers to understand specific position requirements, job responsibilities, and how they relate to business goals.
- Design, develop and execute sourcing strategies to identify the top talent.
- Generate and maintain a pipeline of qualified, diverse candidates through cold calling, networking, research, data mining, and the use of available resources.
- Initiate contact and develop relationships with potential leads and candidates.
- Conduct initial phone screen of potential candidates to evaluate and assess their interest level, qualifications, geographic preference, salary range, etc.
- Sell the Burns & McDonnell culture and benefits to engage and recruit top talent to the organization.
- Prepare documentation related to potential leads and candidate assessments; utilize and maintain related files and systems for tracking, analysis, and reporting purposes.
- Recommend qualified candidates to recruiters and/or hiring managers.
- Work closely with recruitment team to ensure candidates are properly managed throughout the recruitment process; this may include scheduling and facilitating additional interviews.
- Maintain and share knowledge of recruiting trends and best practices.
- Advise recruitment team on developments in external market that may impact our ability to source and recruit top talent.
- Bachelor's degree in a human resources or business related field.
- Minimum of 3 years sourcing or recruiting experience; previous experience with a third-party recruiting agency or research company is desired.
- Previous experience recruiting or sourcing for technical positions, particularly in the field of engineering, within a high volume recruiting environment is preferred.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and Internet-based sourcing tools is required.
- Understanding of the Boolean search language, and how those search principles apply to both internet and database searches.
- Ability to develop creative and innovative sourcing strategies.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Must demonstrate ability to build strong relationships and provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to clearly present complex information.
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a more amazing place, one project and one relationship at a time. With 5,200+ engineers, architects,...