Responsible for sourcing and managing the global supply for engineered/fabricated components. This position will lead all phases of sourcing requiring the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts and establish a global supply base, based upon lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are essential. Other duties may be assigned.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Works injury free, achieves an injury-free working environment, and maintains the highest Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards in our industry.
- Strives for continuous improvement in worker safety and is dedicated to ensuring that each employee understands, and acts in accordance with, the company's HSE policies.
- Works with high integrity and complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Identify, qualify, certify, and manage all aspects of the strategic and tactical supply base for engineered/fabricated components.
- Provide input to plans and strategies to various business units/product groups in support of long term/short term production plans.
- Make recommendations and provide sourcing related input in support of enterprise financial objectives.
- Continually look for opportunities to reduce costs while seeking to improve product quality, economies of scale, manufacturability and reliability.
- Coordinate work efforts with those of Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance and Marketing to ensure of integration and completion product.
- Prioritize and take responsibility for all activities critical to assuring ongoing supply for the respective commodity.
- Manage projects against plans and objectives to ensure commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in budget, timing or quality of work.
- Influence suppliers' manufacturing processes, technology decisions and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations by leveraging the volume of Cameron.
- Renegotiate, renew and discontinue supplier contracts.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit Cameron.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Review and approve a comprehensive list of suppliers for bid processes developed by analyzing the industry to understand trends and competitive positioning in order to ensure selection of the best possible supply base.
- Develop a negotiation strategy that delivers against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Evaluate and factor in all transportation, logistics, tariff, and other costs when determining Total Cost of Ownership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's or Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
7 years of experience in an administrative capacity in a purchasing, inventory or materials management, or accounting department.
Certificates, Licenses or other Registrations
Tools, Technology and Equipment
Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must have good negotiation skills.
Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry equipment,...