Develops, manages and drives key sourcing relationships that are critical to successfully supporting Emblem Annual Spend of approximately $350+ Million in goods and services. Function as leader or key team member of a cross functional team(s) which selects, develops, and administers contracts with suppliers for traditional and non-traditional products and services. Cross functional team unites users/stakeholders of required products and services. Leads sourcing process, serves as marketplace expert and negotiates with Suppliers to secure optimal terms and conditions for procurement of supplies and services as requested. Curiosity, exceptional customer service and problem solving skills are essential for success in this position.
• Research qualified suppliers, plan, coordinate and lead supplier negotiations and supplier development activities; provide for the evaluation of supplier quotations utilizing appropriate negotiation and purchasing analysis techniques with emphasis on quality, price, delivery, and service necessary to meet requirements by conducting industry research, benchmarking, identifying and developing cost savings alternatives, evaluating findings and reviewing recommendations and action plan with mgt.
• Manage assigned project timelines and keeps Mgr. and Director advised as it pertains to commodities by clear and concise communication via email, PS reports, Spreadsheets, Problem-Solving with Action plan
• Coordinates delivery and installation of commodities/services as required by communicating with the supplier, receiving team and internal customer / business owner.
• Works closely with the contract team and Emblem internal customers to develop SOW for RFP’s for assigned commodities
• Communicates frequently with Emblem internal customers and supplier to determine their current and future business needs, identifying and recommending possible substitutions or alternatives which have cost/value added savings
• Establishes priorities in processing orders, expediting late orders, research and review monthly supplier statements
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
• Process, monitor and accurately code all orders according to Budget and Accounting requirements and within the required policy & procedure standard timeframe
• Reviews orders for completeness, accuracy, and compliance while ensuring that Emblem’s Compliance Policy is being met.
• Review and obtain Internal Supplier Reports: Product usage, Annual YTD Spend, Match Exceptions, etc, to maintain supplier accounts, control costs and to ensure services meet Emblem requirements
• Prepare reports, as requested for mgt. Make recommendations for changes based on current industry trends
• Regular attendance is essential function of the job. Performs duties as assigned or required.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Maintain compliance with all relevant Emblem Health policies for procurement and contract process.
• Provide excellent customer service to meet or exceed Emblem Health business requirements
• Managing and optimizing supplier performance, including continuous service improvement,
innovation and competitive pricing.
• Obtain and track savings and/or process improvements for assigned commodities
• Maintain highest degree of integrity/ethics in dealing with suppliers while maintaining compliance.
• Obtain and manage information on marketplace and technology changes
• Bachelor’s degree, but significant related work experience may substitute for a degree
• 3 to 5 yrs of purchasing procedures, regulations and systems sufficient to process purchase orders
and prepare purchasing reports
• Strong negotiating skills along with superior interpersonal and verbal communication skills sufficient to reach optimal terms with potential suppliers and effectively work with all levels of Emblem Staff
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to Emblem internal customers
• Strong organizational skills to schedule and coordinate installation or service
• Demonstrate a willingness to improve job knowledge
Internal Posting Expires: 8/29/13
EmblemHealth is set on being the mark of good health in the Northeast. The not-for-profit company provides health...