Sourcing Specialist is expected to support Group/Purchasing Manager(s) in category and business management in the tasks identified below. Develop the ability to understand, implement, and manage effectively the Strategic Sourcing (seven-step) process independently. Additional opportunities for development and increased responsibility across categories will be made available.
Understand key inputs to growing fresh produce such as peas, beans, carrots, squash, sweet potato, apples and pears. Assist in implementing growing programs to ensure supply.
- Assist in sourcing agriculture products directly from growers
· Research and recommend data inputs to cost models.
· Understand and assist in improving sourcing methods, including those that will improve quality of ingredient.
· Assist and review agriculture specific audits.
- Conduct analysis on industry, Operating Company requirements and vendor
- Analyze financial performance of potential and existing Nestlé vendors
- Assist in estimating the cost saving benefits for sourcing opportunities
- Analyze and verify Operating Company needs
- Analyze and implement best practices and processes
- Develop financial and marketplace analysis to support teams in conducting negotiations
- Obtain category spend information by Operational Company using data in Ariba, SAP, P-Card and others.
Aspire to/Support the management of ongoing supplier/internal customer Relationships
- Supplier/Category Management
· Demonstrate ability to effectively manage suppliers/internal customers
· Attend negotiations and assist in contracting process in order to learn the process and the techniques
- Assist in inputting spend forecasts into forecasting tools, and analysis of costs/trends for business reporting
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Assist in other projects and duties as assigned
Candidate must be detail oriented and a self-starter. Ability to work independently to identify and research relevant market, industry, and supplier information. Proven ability to analyze and present findings in a clear and cohesive manner. Team player that is willing and able to provide support to data preparation, project execution and analysis. Previous experience or education in agriculture a plus.
Strong financial, analytical, computer and data management skills, with an understanding of Total Cost of Ownership concepts. Ability to work collaboratively with team and support multiple sourcing initiatives.
Strong Communication Skills (written and spoken)
Market Analysis and Expertise
Product and Service Knowledge (Food, CPG Industry, Agriculture Practices)
Nestle Purina PetCare Company - 17 months ago
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs through...