The Sourcing Specialist is to promote and implement tactical sourcing activities, while proactively managing assigned commodity and supply base. They construct RFx and are responsible for negotiating products or services from strategic suppliers. They’re also responsible for establishing and maintaining supplier relationships to seek maximum value for the company including total cost of ownership.
Essential Job Functions:
•Recommend opportunities to reduce total cost through new sources, substitutions, improved systems or methods, and other supply chain management techniques such as target costing, negotiations, etc.
• Lead sourcing efforts for assigned commodity and key suppliers, in line with Operation strategies.
• Analyze current market trends and track appropriate indices for key drilling and completions components to anticipate price fluctuations and potential market shortages
• Develop RFx, obtain and analyze quotations, negotiate total cost elements for assigned commodity
• Review contracts and master service agreements for exceptions, negotiate changes, and assist with legal reviews
• Identify and manage new product development opportunities and integrate new business units into the sourcing efforts.
• Evaluate alternative proposals and select the most effective approach to meet objectives
• Review and interpret complex requirements, construct compliant and competitive proposal inputs, directly negotiate and manage large and complex Master Service Agreements
• Identify and select suppliers that can provide the required quality, flexibility, reliability, and pricing
• Participate in regular supplier audits and monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s) through, but not limited to, quarterly and annual business reviews
• Maintain and monitor the Approved Supplier List (ASL) with input and feedback from Operation
• Prepare periodical reports as agreed with management
• Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Specific deliverables of the position:
• Create RFx to identify and select the most cost effective suppliers with the best service quality
• Supplier management
• Lead sourcing efforts, negotiations, and contracts/master service agreements
• Immediate reporting of non‐conformances with follow up until resolved
Spend Oversight and Dimensions
• Responsible for selecting the sourcing process for approximately $+5 million in annual spending
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or related field
• Minimum of 3‐5 years of commensurate experience with demonstrated competencies in Supplier Management
• Minimum 1‐2 years of experience in O&G industry
•Candidate must possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), have strong attention to detail, and be proficient with computers to include MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and other MS Office programs
• Candidate must also possess strong organization and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work independently with changing priorities
• Ability to think strategically with excellent quantitative skills
Drilling and/or completions expereince
Oasis Petroleum is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and genetic information, age, or any other factor protected by law.
Oasis Petroleum - 12 months ago