Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Shared Services is focused on engaging our employees to better understand our clients' businesses and provide superior customer service. Aligning our operations and our people with the client organizations we serve facilitates better planning, execution and overall service delivery. We have once again set lofty goals for 2011, and we intend to achieve them. Some of these goals, such as environmental compliance and leadership, require the collective effort of employees across the company. Together, we will become the leading corporate services organization and the leading utility in U.S.
Works with internal Line of Business (LOB) clients to negotiate, execute and implement contracts for the procurement of goods and services for clients in assigned functional areas. Supports governance and compliance of contract approval process from contract creation through the contract award process. Works to enhance client experience with Sourcing by demonstrating aptitude in driving strategic value and operational excellence to meet client needs. Collaboratively works with client partners and subject matter experts in developing and amending contracts.
Primarily office environment with extensive use of personal computers, telephones, conference calls and in person meetings. Travel required depends on position.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required (one year of experience for every one year of college)
- 2 years of supply chain or other related discipline
- 3-4 years supply chain or other related discipline
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, WORD & PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to work on multiple issues and tasks
- Possesses general technical knowledge with ability and desire to continue increasing business and technical knowledge base
- Ability to utilize SRM/SAP
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, WORD and PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities, both in written and verbal form
- Good interpersonal skills and team focus
- Ability to interface effectively with the line of business up to the Director level
- Negotiates routine contract renewals.
- May develop, write, and negotiate contracts of intermediate complexity with the LOB, typically between $100,000 to $2 million.
- May develop new vendor relationships
- Ensures all procurement requests, purchase orders and contract documents comply with all sourcing processes and procedures
- Creates, reviews and issues purchase orders, contracts and CWAs generated from procurement requests; executes up to signing authority
- Processes Procurement Requests, as assigned
- Assesses, records and tracks procurement requests during the course of the Sourcing process
- Seeks out and develops Women, Minority, and Disabled Veteran business enterprises to support supplier diversity goals
- May also spend percentage of time on:
- Consults and trains LOB on the contract management process for contracts of moderate to higher level of complexity
- Provides support in interpreting contractual language for contracts of low to moderate level of complexity Proactively reviews contract management process across LOBs to identify areas of improvement
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- 21 months ago - save job
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...