In 1997 Select Medical opened its doors in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, with a handful of employees. Today we marvel at Select Medical's nearly 30,000 employees, 110 long-term acute care hospitals, 12 medical rehabilitation hospitals, 979 outpatient centers, and 520 contract therapy sites. From our modest start, Select Medical today has operations in 44 states and the District of Columbia. We make a profound difference in patients' lives, and we are proud of it. None of this would be possible without the people of Select Medical.
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for the tactical/transactional/technical functions related to Procurement, Sourcing, and Contracting. This position supports the Sourcing Manager in the day-to-day operations of the department.
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, or related major required.
- Three years’ procurement experience or equivalent technical/healthcare procurement related experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of ERP procurement systems.
- Basic knowledge of procurement sourcing methods and procedures, technique of specification writing, financial and accounting principles, and Total Cost of Ownership principles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, analytical and problem solving skills, and organizational and mathematical skills.
Select Medical Corporation - 13 months ago