is responsible for leading purchase related cost reduction initiatives, key sourcing initiatives (current products and new products), evaluate suppliers, optimize and rationalize the supply base, improve supplier performance (quality and delivery), and other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Supplier and Supply Market Analysis - to conduct detailed supplier and supply market analysis looking at currency shifts and fluctuations, productivity rates, geopolitical stability, labor stability and costs, etc.
• Cost Modeling - to construct detailed cost models/purchase price analysis of products and services, typically this will require supplier visits and detailed BOM analysis to create a complete understanding of the cost structure of suppliers.
• Strategic Analysis - to conduct project analysis, which turns the information gathered into insightful, well structured sourcing options and opportunities.
• Negotiation Planning and Execution - to create detailed pre-negotiation plans, to lead and participate any prolonged negotiation sessions with suppliers and to conduct post-negotiation debriefs and follow through plans.
• Sourcing – seek out potential suppliers, execute strategic sourcing process by creating and executing RFIs, RFPs, RFQs for new and existing suppliers.
• Supplier Qualification – lead/support supplier qualification team in auditing and qualification process.
• Contract Management - to prepare, negotiate and implement appropriate forms of contract and pricing commitments with suppliers.
• Supplier Performance Management - to ensure that supplier/Skullcandy relationships and processes are properly established, communicated and managed. Monitor, report, manage and continuously improve supplier performance.
• Work with Quality, Product, and Vendors to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to reduce quality defects, late deliveries, and improve product value.
Education / Experience : 4-year degree or equivalent in Business or Supply Chain Management with a of minimum 3 years experience in manufacturing and /or supply chain. Experience with Asian manufacturers is a major plus.
If your head craves sweet tunes, Skullcandy has a treat for you. The youth-oriented firm designs and sells edgy, stylish headphones, ear...