This is a franchise job posting,
Sous Chef, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Autograph Collection®, Las Vegas Nevada
Please do not apply for this job online. Please contact the property directly at
or via email at
Talent Acquisition Solutions
Recruiting Operations and Delivery on behalf of Marriott International, Inc.
ROLE: Do you have a keen eye for culinary composition? As a Sous Chef, you will have the satisfaction of overseeing all aspects of a polished yet unpretentious dining arrangement. With your intricate layouts and delectable dishes you will cater to guests’ sophisticated tastes, creating an experience they will savor long after they have taken the last bite.
Master Cooks, Cooks, Stewarding
Outlet Chef De Cuisine
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
· Ensures all stations are set up according to standards and maintained throughout the shift with 100% accuracy.
· Oversees the production of all menu items and recipes and steps in to assist as necessary to ensure the proper outcome.
· Holds all line level costars accountable for following guidelines, policies and procedures and issues corrective action notices; provides counseling as needed.
· Responsible for overseeing and ensuring that cooks set up stations timely and efficiently.
· Utilizes sound business judgment to schedule costars, updating time and attendance via Kronos and is empowered to make decisions that impact the department.
· Assists in menu development, which includes creating and building recipes, costing, sourcing of ingredients and is an active participant of the management team.
· Responsible for the ordering/receiving, stocking and rotation of all kitchen products while maintaining a clean and safe work environment at all times.
· Routinely checks and inspects all kitchen equipment, refrigeration and related equipment to ensure that all are in working order and communicates as necessary to ensure that anything out of order is reported to facilities and fixed in a timely manner.
· Creates and administers schedules, production and prep lists for all requirements necessary.
· Continuously controls product waste and maintains proper par levels of all kitchen items.
· Assists in overall labor control and reacts to business volumes as necessary to control overall labor costs.
· Continuously trains and instructs costars on proper food preparation and sanitation to ensure quality standards are met with 100% accuracy.
· Utilizes creativity and shares knowledge with kitchen costars as it relates to new cooking techniques, recipes, and equipment.
· Monitors guest satisfaction to ensure that the quality, portions, and presentation of food meets the customer ‘s satisfaction and/or expectations.
· Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
· Communicates to line level costars on a regular basis to ensure that costars are aware of all costar related information including hotel current events, changes in policies, and daily business demands. Plays an active role in daily line ups with both front and back of house.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, tickets and other related documents.
· Ability to respond to inquiries from fellow costars and/or guests.
· Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small group and high stress situations.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
· Full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules, policies and procedures.
· Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of various cooking techniques and proper knife skills.
· Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure while leading a team.
· Commitment to quality, customer service and the food and beverage industry.
· Obtains basic computer skills such as but not limited to Word, Excel, and Email.
· Able to take and give direction.
· Strong leadership and organizational skills.
Minimum 3 to 5 years cooking experience in a professional kitchen.
High School diploma or equivalent. Culinary degree or formal apprenticeship preferred.
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a costar to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the property in all locations. Must be tolerant to varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment typically allows smoking.
Constant contact with executives, department management, applicants, costars and guests is necessary. Requires prolonged sitting or standing and mobility. Requires bending and reaching. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires eye/hand coordination. Requires use of standard office equipment. Requires basic math. Requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols. Ability to and comply with Policies and Procedures, Job Description, daily memorandums, chemical labels (MSDS) and other instructions.
Marriott - 18 months ago