Summary: Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurants specifications and commitment to quality. Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen. Demonstrates this by example, using proper food- handling techniques.
- Cook 1
- Cook 2
- Pastry cooks
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- 3-5 years Sous Chef experience in a high volume establishment
- College or culinary or extensive cooking and production experience
- Food Handlers Managers Certificate
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Prepares daily production list
- Ensures that all stations remain stocked before and during the meal period.
- Verifies that kitchen staff follows all recipes and portion servings correctly
- Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized
- Places food and supply orders as directed
- Receives product by verifying invoice and freshness of merchandise
- Assist in hiring and training employees to company standards
- Sets excellent customer service and work examples
- Actively participates as a member of the management team
- Manages Staffing levels throughout shift.
- Overseas kitchen labor and food cost to budgetary requirements
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef at anytime.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
- Professional communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to work in a high energy and demanding environment
- Works well under pressure
- Can effectively solve problems
- Able to take direction
- Organization and leadership skills
Kessler Grant Performer Attributes
G.U.E.S.T. Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
. The majority of time will be spent in kitchen. The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Kessler Collection - 7 months ago