The San Antonio Restaurant Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in all aspects of the kitchen and ala carte service aspects of the Restaurant, ensuring that all quality assurance standards are properly executed and upheld.
• Effective written and verbal communication with team members.
• Ability to monitor, evaluate and solve operations problems as they arrive.
• Responsible for attaining and maintaining Labor Cost goals.
- Monitors attendance of culinary team to ensure schedules are being accurately followed.
-Calculates and reports culinary payroll.
-Accurately calculates business demands and adjusts working schedules accordingly.
• Responsible for attaining and maintaining Food Coast goals.
-Creates and adjusts prep lists and quota based on calculated business demands.
• Directs culinary team in the performance of their daily duties.
• Oversees and ensures accurate and expeditious production of batch and plated recipes with strict adherence to all recipe specifications
• Oversees and ensures accurate and expeditious execution of ala carte service.
• Assists Executive Chef with hiring, training, evaluating, and discipline of culinary staff.
• Documents company standardized incidents required for performance, insubordination and injuries to the proper departments and employee files.
• Communicates directly with front of the house in relation to time guidelines, counts and special dietary restrictions during execution of service.
• Conducts pre-service meetings with Front of House team to review and overview menu items ensuring the serving team has the information needed to properly present the menu to the guest.
• Ensures new employees complete their required training and all paperwork is filled out and returned to the proper departments.
• Is confident and capable of organizing, producing and executing all events in absence of Executive Chef.
• Assumes full responsibility for the successful operation of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
• Educates and ensures all culinary staff adheres to the proper handling of products in relation to cooling, heating, storage and sanitation guidelines.
• Educates and coaches all culinary team members in all aspects of cooking skills, ingredients and recipe requirements as documented by Executive Chef.
• Monitors and ensures proper inventories of all cooking stations.
• Places accurate and appropriate food orders.
• Supervises proper receiving, inspecting, repackaging and storing of all food orders.
• Oversee and ensures proper sanitation of all kitchen equipment including refrigerators, freezer, rolling cages, dry storage and surrounding work areas.
• Oversees and ensures, as well as personally executes accurate and expeditious butchering to recipe specifications applied to numerous cuts of meats, game, poultry and fish.
• Oversees and ensures, as well as personally executes accurate and expeditious production of all charcuterie production as required by current menus, including but not limited to:
- curing and smoking of fish, meats and poultry items
- pate, terrine and sausage production
- marinades, relishes and cold sauces
• Ultimate responsibility that all Opening and Closing Procedures are properly completed by assigned team members.
• Ultimate responsibility for accurate completion of all paperwork related to the daily operation of the kitchen.
• Oversees and ensures, as well as personally executes proper packaging, storage and security of all food items at all stages of receipt or preparation with relation to temperature, location, labeling, packaging and all established procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining high team morale and a harmonious and supportive work environment at all times, particularly during high stress periods of service and heavy production.
• Professional interaction with other team members at all times.
• Understands and accepts nature of flexible scheduling requirements of ala carte operations, including overtime.
• Maintains full and proper uniform appearance and general personal hygiene.
• Displays exemplary professional demeanor at all times.
• Responsibility for monitoring posted work schedule.
• Responsible for timely attendance.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years ala carte cooking experience in full service restaurant, hotel or resort.
• Experience in quantity food production.
• Two year associates degree from recognized Culinary Institution or the equivalent in industry experience
• Confident and proficient in directing culinary staff with multiple diverse organizational and culinary tasks.
Culinary Institute of America - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard