Prepares food to order according to recipe, procedures, quality and speed levels. Supervises kitchen personnel under the direction of the Chef. In the absence of the Chef is responsible for supervision of all kitchen personnel.
- Exhibit working knowledge of food cost, best practices (line checks), and purchasing, i.e. produce, seafood, etc.
- Supervise kitchen personnel under the direction of the chef.
- Ensure food items are prepared according to our standards of quality, consistency and timelines.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA regulations.
- Meet all health department standards for safe food handling.
- Operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations.
- Purchase various food products as par levels dictate.
- Maintain food storage, receiving, rotating & stocking as par levels dictate.
- Exhibit working knowledge of scheduling & all basic TMX functions.
- Complete work schedules.
- Understand SLII, One-Minute Management and R.I.S.E in order to effectively communicate performance reviews.
- Able to work closely and communicate with outside vendors and HOH & FOH, in constant high pace doing a variety of "time restraint" tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Minimum of 1 year cooking.
- Understanding of high volume operations.
- Ability to be self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- 100 % Stand or walk.
- 80% Interact verbally with other line position.
- 75% Work at Approx. 36" table/stove and reach in approx. 36”.
- 75% Reach (6” to overhead) bend, stoop and wipe.
- 60% Perform job at continuous high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality & speed standards.
Lift and carry sacks, boxes, product up to 50 pounds from floor to above waist level, approx. 20 feet and sometimes involving stairs
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Revision Date: January 1, 2003