- Assumes responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef and leads culinary staff for successful kitchen operations.
- Ensure the effective operation of the kitchen by directly supervising culinary staff to precisely, consistently and safely deliver on guest food orders
- Deliver a consistent food product and manage the restaurant’s delivery of meals by expediting food orders.
- Assist the Executive Chef with the management of associates by: interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems and other special projects as required
- Assist the Executive Chef with menu creation and banquet management.
- Maintain food stock levels and control cost of sales by ordering required food through approved vendors and conducting food inventory.
- Safely prepare food by using knives, ovens, grills, warming trays and other restaurant cooking instruments in accordance to culinary standards for safe operation
- Positively and professionally respond to Executive Chef requests to complete tasks assigned to culinary standards, including but not limited to: preparation work, dishwashing, cooking food, plating food, sanitizing the kitchen with chemicals, transporting food deliveries from dock and unpacking in dry and cold storage, keeping work station neat and sanitized, and other duties as assigned.
- Communicate with Associates, management, clients, owners and others in a courteous and professional manner, and in accordance with Westin Brand Standards
- Embrace and apply The Westin Culture and Core Values in all work activities and interactions by actively participating in trainings, learning opportunities and other related Associate programs
Managers of Intrawest are expected to demonstrate competencies in the following core areas:
- Demonstrates Personal Excellence: Is honest and principled; develops self and inspires others; exhibits confidence and courage; is resilient and optimistic
- Builds and fosters relationships: Shares knowledge; is a team worker; works across groups; is a clear communicator; builds understanding
- Champions the guest: Is oriented to quality service; develops business to meet service needs; delivers a total guest experience
- Develops successful strategies: Translates strategy; exhibits market awareness; strong business acumen
- Creates the new and different: Is innovative; takes calculated risks; continually improves; analytical
- Builds diverse talent: Manages and empowers people; celebrates success; drives high performance
- Drives results: Plans and manages projects; multi-tasks; solves problems; is accountable
Education and Certifications
Experience and Skills
- High School Education or GED
- Culinary Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of prior Sous Chef experience
- 2-3 years of prior supervisory experience
- Knowledge of safe food handling
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- the associate is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 5 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours
- Whlle performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear, gloves
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, safety rules, work procedures, and instructions
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position- associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
- Attendance at all scheduled meetings and training sessions is required
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per standards
- This position is required to wear a uniform as stipulated by Resort standards
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate in this position- associate(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Intrawest - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Intrawest is a leader in the development and management of experiential destination resorts. The Company has a network of resorts at North...