Sous Chef prepares and cooks meals for residents under the direction of the Executive Chef. He/She is responsible for providing high quality dining service taking into account resident preferences and special dietary requirements, in compliance with applicable food and sanitation regulations. The Sous Chef assists Executive Chef in all phases of kitchen management and provides supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the provision of high quality services and service delivery to residents.
- Helps supervise and assists staff in the production of all menu items, including using recipes and production records, using high quality ingredients, operating kitchen equipment, portioning and garnishing.
- Conducts quality assurance tests for all menu items as directed by Executive Chef.
- Supervises safe food handling procedures for cooking staff with special emphasis on critical control.
- Monitors the labeling and proper storage of all foods.
- Cooks all foods in quantities according to menu and number of persons being served.
- Assists in planning, review and revision of menus and menu cycles.
- Assists Executive Chef in adherence to staffing goals.
- Orders supplies and keeps records and accounts as directed by Executive Chef.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Service experience in hospitality, country club, or senior living industry preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- As required by state and/or local regulating bodies.
Senior Resource Group - 24 months ago