Waste Connections, Inc. company has immediate openings for a FRONT END LOADER REFUSE ROUTE DRIVER at our SOUTH Houston yard. The position will be responsible for driving a garbage truck on specified routes to mechanically and manually collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites. Daily work will involve heavy industrial lifting, lifting waist high, gripping with hands, moving at a brisk consistent pace, and occasional bending. This position will also be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Be able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Be able to follow safe operating practices.
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
- Be able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Possess a valid Class B CDL license. (minimum requirement. Class A are also accepted)
- Must have a minimum of five years of commercial driving experience.
- Occasional Saturdays are required. Around a 55 hour work week.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Waste Connections - 9 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...