an account-level sales person focused on growing New Belgium’s business within a specified universe of key accounts in a market. The Beer Ranger job is special at New Belgium because how the job gets done is every bit as important as the results achieved in the marketplace. The Beer Ranger acts as New Belgium’s ambassador of good beer, good cheer and champion of quality assurance in the marketplace and at the distributorship. Their primary areas of focus will be San Diego and outlying areas to the South. The ideal candidate would reside in Ocean Beach or downtown. Relocation assistance will be provided if needed.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Be able to achieve specified account goals as provided by New Belgium manager within key account universe
- Be able to achieve and/or maintain New Belgium market standards in entire account universe in order to make New Belgium the craft beer market leader
- Spread the Love--develop “preferred supplier status” with all key accounts by handling all reasonable and cost effective brand support needs in account universe and also keeping accounts informed about new happenings at New Belgium
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in account universe
- Weekly perform a distributor work with, promos/staff trainings, new bottle placements, new draft placements and merchandize accounts. Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day. Strong desire to be in the market late night.
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of New Belgium and distributor’s businesses
- Knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s) such as the owner, President/GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist
- Develop understanding for how the following get done: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Know pricing of all New Belgium products plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market
- Know key people and product lineup of top five local beer companies in market
- Develop market profile target lists, etc
Salary range for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications must include salary requirements.
- 1-2 years of beverage related sales experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in the local marketplace
- High motivation
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
- Strong knowledge of the company, its history and it’s product offerings
- General knowledge of brewing process and how all New Belgium beers are produced
- General knowledge of market share and product offerings of the top five craft and import beer companies in USA plus top four US brewers
- Strong communication skills and the ability to master the selling skills process
- Basic computer competence in word and excel and e-mail
- Administrative--ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- Knowledge of distributor operations, knowing how to work with distributors and understanding how to work with different trade channels
- Must have a squeaky clean driving record. Motor vehicle records checks will be performed on candidates
New Belgium Brewing Company employees enjoy: competitive wages and salaries, a generous benefits package including: life, health, dental insurance, 401(k), participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and a Profit Sharing plan
New Belgium Brewing Company - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard