If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
Southeast Employee Relations Manager
inVentiv health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
inVentiv Recruitment Services, a division of inVentiv health, offers unparalleled Direct Placement and Project Sales opportunities with our numerous clients for highly qualified and accomplished candidates. Our Team has successfully partnered with over 200 Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies to recruit top sales and clinical talent. In just the past 5 years, inVentiv Recruitment Services has placed over 9,000 field-based Sales, Clinical and Management professionals with our Clients.
The Employee Relations Manager (ERM) is the employment resource support for inVentiv diabetes sales specialists (DSS) working within BMS DS3 districts led by BMS district business managers (DBMs). Each inVentiv ERM will be assigned to approximately 40 inVentiv DSS that are spread among roughly 10 DS3 districts in a regional area. . Role supports field based inVentiv Health Sales Representatives and drive effective employee communications to proactively answer or resolve any employee questions, HR issues or sales performance questions. Additionally, the Employee Relations Manager is responsible to act as liaison between inVentiv operation departments and sales representatives as well as build client, field management relationships to ensure a seamless and successful partnership.
Key Job Responsibilities (Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following):
- Support NBD to achieve all contract performance goals and objectives for regional assignment (to be determined).
- Understand, implement, and advise DBMs on co-employment policies and procedures to mitigate risk.
- Partner with inVentiv Recruiting, HR, and DBMs to oversee specified components of sourcing/recruiting, screening/interviewing, hiring, tracking and reporting on background investigations, onboarding, and training of new DSS.
- Conduct minimum of monthly phone or face-to-face discussions with every assigned DSS to monitor employee satisfaction and engagement, with the goal of maximizing retention, and to discuss feedback and coaching provided by DBM.
- Conduct minimum of 2 phone or face-to-face discussions per quarter with DBMs to review and discuss DSS performance, including a review of field coaching reports and action items, and support the DBM in developing and implementing a plan to achieve continuous performance improvement for assigned DSS.
- Understand and effectively manage all steps of the inVentiv disciplinary process to address poor performance and conduct, as needed. Partner with DBMs to ensure specific observations are well documented and support proposed disciplinary action.
- Manage all steps of the annual performance management process for assigned DSS (i.e., objective setting and developmental action plan, mid-year review, year-end review). Partner with DBMs to incorporate their feedback into PM process.
- Complete and submit all PAFs for assigned DSS as required. Coordinate and track all Leave of Absences including, FMLA, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, etc.
- Manage employee exit process, inclusive of conducting exit interviews and reporting on results, to help identify areas to improve employee retention.
- Understand and ensure DSS compliance with expense reporting and HCP spend policies and procedures. Review and approve DSS expense reports as required (to be determined).
- Participate, as requested, in inVentiv or BMS meetings and work on special projects as assigned.
- Assist with employee programs including, newsletters, LDP, and recognition programs.
Position Goals: Retention Rates, Customer Survey Results, Time to Hire, VSR Training Performance & Sales Results
Education: BS/BA degree required
Geography: Field based position and must live within designated territory & be willing to travel up to 35%
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of district manager, employee relations manager, or 4 years of HR manager experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry is strongly preferred.
- Coaching and employee development and engagement
- Decision-making and problem solving
- Teamwork with an ability to interact effectively with varied personality types
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong administrative skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Sales Force Automation & other systems
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information discretely and diffuse difficult situations
- Experience handling progressive discipline issues including sales performance, product etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to diplomatically interact with all levels of employees and clients.
Relationship & Customer Management, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Policies, Process & Procedures, Respecting Diversity
Apply Tell A Friend
InventivHealth - 16 months ago