offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
inVentiv Recruitment Services,
a division of inVentiv health, offers unparalleled Direct Placement and Project Sales opportunities with our numerous clients for highly qualified and accomplished candidates. Our Team has successfully partnered with over 200 Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies to recruit top sales and clinical talent. In just the past 5 years, inVentiv Recruitment Services has placed over 9,000 field-based Sales, Clinical and Management professionals with our Clients.
The MSL is a field-based, highly trained communicator with strong clinical and/or scientific background specializing in appropriate Medical Affairs interactions with NAI Stakeholders. These Stakeholders include academic and community key opinion leaders (KOLs)/Key Influencers/healthcare professionals (HCP)/institutions, Managed Care Organizations and Other Organizations that work to meet the needs of patients in the academic and community pain care settings, and opioid high prescribers. MSLs represent the client organization to the broad medical/scientific community.
MSL PRIMARY FUNCTIONS (includes but not limited to):
- Develop and execute field medical affairs plans at the assigned territory level in full alignment with medical affairs strategies and tactics. Respond to documented unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information on client company and pipeline products including unsolicited medical requests for off-label medical information as per company policies and procedures.
- Identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with specified Medical Affairs Stakeholders to provide scientific support for marketed and pipeline products
- Serve as a disease state resource to KOLs, academic institutions and community pain practices, advocacy groups, and others.
- Forward the scientific progress of client's life-saving products by serving as a primary liaison and conduit for clinical/scientific exchange with specified Medical Affairs Stakeholders.
- Collaborate with company colleagues to support development and review of publications and other medical communication initiatives.
- Provide scientific and liaison support for the involvement of KOLs in advisory, educational, and research partnership opportunities.
- Support KOL involvement in research activities including company-sponsored trials and respond to unsolicited medical requests for interactions related to investigator sponsored trials (ISTs). Assume a primary role for the identification and communication of prospective IST projects.
- Assist with implementation and engagement of KOL participation in advisory boards, consultant meetings, and other scientific meetings consistent with all company policies, procedures, and processes.
- 3 years’ experience as an MSL. 3-5 years of MSL experience in pain and demonstrated knowledge of the pain clinical environment preferred.
- Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a related discipline strongly preferred. In lieu of a terminal degree, an RPh, Masters or nursing trained applicant with 8+ years of experience in the pain therapeutic area will be considered.
- Familiarity and experience with managed markets, P&T committee presentations, HEOR research, the AMCP dossier, and large pain management centers.
- Strong knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry.
- Clear understanding of MSL roles and responsibilities, and MA activities including publication planning, medical information, and advisory boards.
- Clear understanding of the present state of medical affairs compliance; responsible for compliance to SOPs and Code of Conduct as well as Compliance policies.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design in pain/inflammation.
- Experience with drug/device combination products preferred.
At inVentiv Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
- Competitive Compensation, Bonuses, and Company Car
- Generous Paid Time Off & Company Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Matching 401k
- Dedicated Training and support
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Other personalized quality of life conveniences
inVentiv Health & its Clients are equal opportunity employers and are committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Medical Science Liaison
More than 50%
InventivHealth - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard