market and site selection for development of utility
- Work with development and power marketing teams on
scale wind farms in southern region of US, with
primary focus on ERCOT and SPP, and secondary focus
on WECC and southeastern US.
potential interconnection alternatives for various
- Develop thorough understanding and evaluation of
projects, and the corresponding costs, benefits, and
challenges for each alternative.
requests through completion of the study process,
- Initiate interconnection requests and shepherd
then negotiate, execute and securitize
actionable information for development team.
- Perform power flow analyses as necessary to develop
studies, congestion studies, and other analyses from
- Scope, request, review and verify interconnection
transmission providers and multiple outside
development within the various ERCOT, SPP, and other
- Track transmission projects and overall transmission
regional planning groups.
Engineering, Operations, and Dispatch teams with
- Assist Development, Regulatory, Construction,
multiple aspects of project development, design and
regional transmission systems and providers.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of
company and the industry in the transmission
- Participate in and act as an advocate for the
providers for QA/QC, at times working on short time
- Duplicate studies performed by transmission
lines, with less than complete information.
regarding changing regulatory requirements and
- Build upon current familiarity with current
provide regular updates to development team.
related/similar field from an accredited college or
- A BA or BA/MA in Electrical Engineering or
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
interconnection experience with a major transmission
- Ideal candidate will have 4-6 years transmission and
system operator, major utility, or utility scale
independent power producer.
congestion management strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of nodal markets, LMPs, and
with one or more power system analysis packages such
- Applicant should have experience performing studies
as PTI, PSSE, GE PSLF or Powerworld Simulator.
participant driven communities and should be able to
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Applicant should be experienced in market
drive those communities towards results that favor
standard operating procedures and the CREZ process
- Must be thoroughly familiar with ERCOT and SPP
Req. Code : ECR-0113-0868
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Offer Relocation : Maybe
E.ON - 18 months ago