Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $ 6.4 billion in 2012. |
Mycogen Seeds, a wholly-owned affiliate of Dow AgroSciences, currently has one Seed Production Technician position open in Grand Ridge, Illinois. This Production Technician will be involved in all areas of seed production within our Grand Ridge, Illinois Seeds Operations facility as well as remote growing locations throughout the Midwest. This may include crop production (corn and soybeans), harvesting, conditioning, packaging, warehousing, quality control, and maintenance.
Our Production Technicians are key members of our team and ensure the highest levels of safety of our operations. In addition, our Production Technicians are key to ensuring the highest level of quality products for our customers. In this position, you will work closely with and support other on-site personnel in an effort to continuously improve our processes and consistently establish the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability.
Soybean production responsibilities include:
Corn Production Responsibilities include:
- Assist with assessments at multiple contractors for all areas of operations, planting, inspections, harvesting and conditioning.
- Ensure contractor training and recording the proper documentation for regulated production.
- Travel will be required. Iowa, Illinois, Arkansas, & North Dakota. Other states could be added.
- Assist with soybeans from planting through packaging.
- Gain a full understanding of our regulated SOP, standards, and pass training.
- Ability to understand our internal regulated reporting database. Training will be provided.
- Overseeing crop activities including planting through harvest.
- Conditioning and packaging: seed sizing, cleaning, treatment application, quality control, packaging, labeling and tagging seed, re-bag processed lots
- Warehousing and distribution: organizing, moving and placing seed into storage, maintaining inventory accuracy utilizing electronic inventory systems, stage seed for shipment to other warehouses and customers, receive seed from other warehouses.
- Maintenance: responsible for preventive maintenance of equipment in assigned areas.
- Continuous Improvement: Writing and updating job procedures, assisting in the training of new employees, and participating on continuous improvement teams.
AgCareers.com - 20 months ago
Dow AgroSciences is all about growth -- crop growth to be exact. The Dow Chemical subsidiary operates as part of its parent's...