Develop and review plan-o-g rams for Kroger Corporate Brand General Merchandise categories. Work with Corporate Office Staff and Kroger Category Managers in the planning, analyzing, and completion of period category reviews. Assist in recommending the introduction of new products and additional merchandising opportunities for the categories. Positively and measurably impact the sales/margins of Corporate Brand Products through proper assortment, shelf positions, and allocations for Kroger Corporate Brand items.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop and analyze categories using corporate systems, syndicated data, and other data sources.
· Deliver sales/distribution based reporting to PLM Merchandising Managers, Kroger Category Managers, and Kroger Corporate Brands teams.
· Support Category Management selling efforts through assortment and space analysis.
· Support Kroger’s KOMPASS process by writing and validating accuracy of Kroger plan-o-grams.
· Support Merchandising Manager with creative ideas/options for new items along with target item data for new item presentations, promotional analysis, and ongoing planning.
· Educate suppliers as to the overall direction of Kroger’s category strategies and the specifics as to how they can best support their objectives. Provide ongoing feedback regarding promotional opportunities, sales/margins, and supply/distribution issues.
· Gain expertise in all facets of the grocery industry, especially the dynamics of private label.
· Professionally and effectively represent PL Marketing with members of Kroger Senior Management.
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· 4 year degree preferred or any appropriate combination of education and experience.
· 2 + years of retail grocery experience.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to read and understand Apollo plan-o-grams.
· Knowledge of internet, email, and web based applications.
· General knowledge of Corporate Office environment.
· Strong organizational and teamwork skills.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Highly motivated and professional self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with all levels of an audience from senior level executives to administrative support.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Minimum Physical Abilities:
· Remain standing/sitting for several hours at a time.
· Must be able to lift 10-15 lbs. occasionally.
· Have unlimited manual dexterity.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
· Retail store exp erience.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives employees confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in the English language.
- Customer Focus – Making other’s needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Developing and sustaining productive relationships with fellow PL Marketing employees.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive; generating innovative solutions in work situations.
- Negotiation – Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Self Starter – Working the majority of the time without direct supervision; prioritizing, organizing and completing workload accurately within allotted time period.
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.