Space Planner II
Provides space planning and programming services on projects as assigned and plans move activities at designated client sites.
· Gather programming information related to space requirements, adjacencies, or move requirements. Work with business units to create long-term and tactical plans for their growth, consolidation, and other space requirements.
· Interface with facilities planning and design staff in the coordination of various facilities projects. Includes synchronizing the timing and construction of offices, the distribution and installation of furniture, and the relocation of personnel to different buildings.
· Develop move plans with space assignments, occupancy plans, cabling requirements, IT requirements and construction requirements, cost estimates and timelines for all assigned projects.
· Develop migration plans and space strategies utilizing blocking and stacking diagrams.
· Plan complex and detailed design layouts of new and existing office space and furniture.
· Coordinate and provide detailed design layouts of new and existing office space and furniture.
· Coordinate with client and associates to determine furniture requirements, bill of materials and furniture product availability.
· Monitor layout, design, and space plan of facilities in relation to the move plan.
· Conduct building audits to verify that employee locations, furniture layout and room configurations are correctly noted on floor plans, verify all site as-built drawings are up to date, including: architectural, furniture, p-lines, ARCHIBUS space and occupancy data, may require input and maintenance of facilities plans on AutoCAD.
· Knowledge of minor tenant improvement construction processes, plans and related application to include documentation for compliance.
· Knowledge of government and site building codes and regulations.
· Ability to learn and apply new methods of space design for specific customer needs.
· Coordinates all space plans, furniture requirements, furniture moves, IT equipment moves, and people moves. Works with vendors, engineering consultants, contractors and various departments to coordinate project completion.
· Apply data and metrics that are important to client and BRG success; gather and track accordingly.
· Create site space utilization reports weekly, monthly and quarterly as determined.
· Creates and maintains color coded floor plans used for site strategic planning as well as assigning individual cubicles or work areas to business units.
· Client-specific requirements including particular software, systems, and processes.
· Maintain strong relationships with vendors and customers to understand requirements and monitor in relation to cost, quality, and schedules.
· May be called upon to train and develop other associates.
· Utilizes HR headcount and employee requisition data to create space planning charts and graphs used to develop long term and tactical plans for the site.
· Maintains a site space plan that includes strategic plan, current utilization data, list of site level contacts utilized for planning, list of space issues that require management decision, list of customer exceptions to space policy or guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· 3 to 5 years professional experience in facilities planning, furniture project management, furniture design or interior design.
· Knowledge of multiple furniture lines.
· Proficiency with AutoCAD, MS Office, Visio, and CAFM/IWMS systems.
· Solid customer service acumen and interpersonal relationship skills.
· B.S. or B.A. in related discipline or related experience.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, including advanced negotiation skills.
· Demonstrated team and collaboration skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Some project management experience as it relates to space planning and vendor management.
· Strong and proven technical aptitude.
· Willingness to take ownership of requests; prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Strong attention to detail and quality.
· Advanced understanding of move requirements, reconfiguration processes, and furniture inventory management.
· Thorough understanding of line of business (or business unit) to support client.
· Knowledge of government regulations and requirements.
Applicants may be asked to take proficiency tests. As a condition of employment, background checks and reference checks are mandatory for all new employees of Business Resource Group. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States.
BUSINESS RESOURCE GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Business Resource Group is a provider of workspace products and services to businesses. The Company markets a full range of new office...