Provide interpreting services to the community and for refugee clients within the areas of Employment, Medical appointments, Resettlement, and other appointments as assigned.
- Provide interpreting services at airport reception, orientation, assessments and home visits.
- Provide interpreting services for appointments with related services providers including health care providers, Monroe County Dept of Human and Health Services (DHHS), Rochester City School District or other school / educational entities, Social Security Administration, and other service providers as needed.
- Assists with Employment program initiatives and employment training objectives
- Schedules medical appointments with service providers (hospitals, and clients, with the approval of supervisor.
- Assists with transporting and interpreting services for scheduled medical appointments.
- Completes client Medicaid vouchers thoroughly and accurately, and submits them every week for payment.
- Documents timely and accurately service provision according to program guidelines
High School or the equivalent and the ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish are required. One year experience as interpreter, bilingual, bicultural worker/volunteer or equivalent experience is required. This position requires the selected candidate to have a valid New York State driver's license with a driving record that is acceptable and in compliance with Agency guidelines. Reliable transportation is required. ** The selected candidate will be shift flexible to best serve the clients needs **
Catholic Family Center - 5 months ago