Provide market analysis and related product strategy support for current and next generation vehicles.
1. Conduct research and develop analysis in support of product planning and strategy. Research and analysis can include but not limited to primary market research, secondary market research, customer satisfaction, segment opportunities, pricing, features/content, competitive analysis, product cycle plan, project management master product schedule, future technologies, economics, production capacity, and related fundamentals of short-term and/or long-term planning.
2. Prepare product concept and development documents pertaining to overall product strategy, features/content, segment analysis, lifecycle analysis, competitive product analysis and pricing analysis.
3. Prepare schedules and deliverables to time, including product concept and development papers.
4. Participate in preparing mid and long-range product strategy. Provide product management support for assigned product areas, including definition and implementation of new features, product direction, and customer satisfaction.
5. Initiate product recommendations based on needs analysis, customer/market trends, and forecasts from both primary and secondary market research.
6. Produce monthly documentation and reports regarding specifications of assigned models and competitive sets. Interface with engineering, and marketing staff from global Mitsubishi Motors affiliates to provide accurate product data for all end users.
7. Review internal and external communication material for product accuracy and compliance with product claims.
8. Coordinate installation of new retrofit parts, mock-up and schedule of pre-production vehicle fleet for use by marketing, public relations, sales training, executive and product planning.
9. Input, maintain and publish vehicle master specification to Product Planning Letter (PPL) and Order Management Systems (OMS), MDL and MEL intranet for all assigned vehicles with sales mix recommendation that support vehicle distribution forecasting and dealer orders for North American Markets (includes: MMNA, MMSC, MMSCAN and Mexico).
10. Provide assistance with parts and accessory developer duties as required.
11. Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- 2 - 4years automotive industry experience, preferably in product and/or strategy planning.
- 0 – 2 years product planning experience.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA degree or other appropriate advanced degree.
- Formal automotive technical training or automotive marketing experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an MMNA approved driving record.
Mitsubishi - 18 months ago
Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) oversees the North American operations of Japan's Mitsubishi Motors. It develops, manufactures,...