Actively maintain product certifications for motorcycles and other on-road vehicles. Track and implement new global product regulations. Support compliance systems, process development, and other Polaris product lines as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtain and maintain vehicle emissions and other regulatory certifications for Polaris motorcycles and other on-road vehicles, including NHTSA, US EPA, CARB, Transport Canada, EU type approval, and international certifications.
2. Support engineering research and development activities to ensure compliance by design for new products.
3. Plan and coordinate with engineering, manufacturing, sales, and marketing to achieve timely product compliance validation, approval, and implementation.
4. Conduct product development process (PDP) and part release system (PRS) compliance reviews.
5. Interface with regulatory agencies and third party certification authorities as needed.
6. Represent Polaris as assigned on industry association technical committees to track new requirements.
7. Maintain and support development of compliance processes and systems.
8. File required periodic regulatory agency reports.
9. Support market development by maintaining database of national, state and provincial requirements.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• B.S. degree in Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of related experience, or equivalent
• Prior experience in product compliance required
• Motorcycle or automotive background preferred
• Motorsports enthusiast with vehicle systems knowledge
• High ethical standards and excellent research and communication skills
• Dynamic, fast-paced environment
• North American and International scope
• Limited travel required (10%)
Polaris Industries - 17 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...