Facilitation of complex administrative tasks requiring detailed knowledge related to employee programs, company policies, bargaining unit administration and practical application of hosted and internal technology systems. Scope includes periodic and special event administration along with day-to-day activities within Human Resources.
Primary Job Duties:
- In conjunction with other HR Specialists, responsible for data entry, validation and maintenance of HR activity within various HR Systems. Responds to employees (active or terminated) and retiree questions on complex issues and/or concerns in a timely manner.
- Interpret corporate policies; facilitate the administration of employee related programs, policies and activities throughout the life cycle of employment. Provide education to end users and participants.
- Counsels management and employees on the use and administration of various HR systems as well as benefit related matters. Helps facilitate bargaining unit contract requirements (i.e. Absence Control Program)
- Assist in ensuring benefit policies, program communication and process administration guidelines are current and are consistent with procedures. Responsible for learning administration of benefit programs and leave programs to include Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, FMLA, Sickness and Work Related Injuries or Illnesses. Includes management of return to work programs and medical evaluations. Advises employees on eligibility for benefit programs, including COBRA. Processes employee enrollment in various benefit programs and prepares documents for implementing various aspects of benefit coverage.
- Assist in administration of retirement/pension programs and unemployment. Assists with open enrollment.
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRMS, payroll and time system upgrades or patches. Compiles data and prepares reports and analyses. Monitors and reports key HR metrics. Provides assistance and support for Human Resource functions and special projects as needed. Assist in training new HR Staff.
Bachelors Degree (Business Admin.,Human Resources)
- Strong analytical and proven reporting abilities utilizing multiple HR programs
- Experience facilitating a union contract strongly preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge. Experience utilizing HR systems.
- Capability to multi-task effectively under tight time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability and strong interpersonal skills
Degree with 2 years work experience. 1-3 years experience utilizing HR systems required. Experience in Payroll preferred.
- Must be able to accommodate local travel. Valid drivers license and acceptable driving history required due to travel involved with this position (DMV check will be conducted to review candidate's driving record)
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)
HealthNow New York Inc. is one of New York’s leading health care companies that provide access to quality health care and innovative...