Promote health/wellness topics, work with employer groups on specific issues, oversee the delivery of onsite health promotion activities and follow up with policy implementation and evaluations of programs. Acts as a consultant/coach to employer groups to assess needs and plan programs for maximum participation and utilization of health promotion/wellness activities. Represent the company in assigned community events and functions.
Primary Job Duties:
- Coordinates and executes high quality health promotion programs and seminars which effectively target and address the health and lifestyle risks of member populations in target groups.
- Coordinates with partnered vendors for various health promotions related activities and monitor the performance/utilization of activities.
- Collaborate with Communications, Human Resources, Commercial Accounts and other internal department in the development and implementation of wellness programs and communication strategies to promote wellness programs and activities in the community.
- Develops and supports partnerships with employer groups (wellness committees) and employees to promote recognition and utilization of programs offered. Assist in development of employer group wellness committees as needed. Provide onsite support as health consultant/coach for targeted employer groups. Prioritize onsite support for targeted employer groups.
- Collaborates with the Account Executives in plan performance reviews for employer groups; analyze and report data on trends within specific employer groups based on claims research.
- Evaluates programs offered by utilizing research, best practices and evidenced based data to develop and measure outcomes. Provides monthly reports based on utilization of programs and outcomes.
- Enhances relationships with internal and external clients to promote strong business partnerships.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelors Degree (Health Science,Healthcare Administration)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self directed and motivated. Able to work independently to achieve goals.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily work processing deadlines.
- High energy level and ability to project enthusiasm.
- Persuasive communication style.
- Polished, professional image and reputation.
- Demonstrated personal accountability.
- Understanding of the fundamental health behavior change theories. Knowledge of current trends and developments in health promotion.
- Effective presentation skills. Ability to deliver professional level presentations.
- Customer service orientation and focus.
- MS Word - Intermediate, MS Excel, MS Access, Internet.
Degree in a Health Science Field including health promotion, health education or relevant field. Minimum of 2 years experience, implementing and coordinating health promotion programs on an employer work-site, managed care company, scholastic setting.
Masters Degree (Health Science,Healthcare Administration)
Degree in a Health Science Field including health promotion, health education or relevant field. 2-5 years experience, implementing and coordinating health promotion programs on an employer work-site, managed care company, scholastic setting.
- Must be able to accommodate local travel. Valid drivers license and acceptable driving history required due to travel involved with this position (DMV check will be conducted to review candidate's driving record)
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)
- Driver's License/DMV Check Required
HealthNow New York Inc. - 9 months ago