American Progress has an immediate opening for a Special Assistant to the Director of Campus Progress. Campus Progress is the Center for American Progress’s dynamic effort to help young people make their voices heard on critical issues and to empower the next generation of progressive leaders. Through programs in policy, organizing, and communications, Campus Progress engages a diverse group of young people nationwide and inspires them to embrace progressive values and work for positive change. Campus Progress works on issues including affordable education, gay and transgender rights, immigration reform, climate change, and voting rights.
The Special Assistant will assist the Director/Senior Vice President with overall coordination of Campus Progress’s programs, strategy, and staff; assist with operations, including administrative procedures and coordination with other teams at the Center; organize meetings and manage schedules; assist with fundraising; participate in outreach and organizing efforts; research, draft, and edit materials; help organize events; hire and coordinate interns; and perform other tasks as needed.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Advise Director on strategy, projects, staff management, and hiring.
- Manage Director’s calendar, contacts, and travel arrangements.
- Organize and run staff meetings.
- Exercise judgment on priority of messages, meetings, and incoming requests.
- Respond to inquiries from the public and Campus Progress’s partner organizations.
- Hire and manage Campus Progress interns.
- Oversee production and inventory of promotional materials.
- Research, draft, proofread, and edit articles, memos, proposals, flyers, and other materials.
- Assist with fundraising work.
- Process and file administrative forms.
- Assist with outreach and organizing efforts.
- Assist with the organization and logistics of Campus Progress events.
- Coordinate with other Center for American Progress departments.
- Coordinate meetings with outside organizations.
- Coordinate staff trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well on a team.
- Capacity for leadership.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Commitment to Campus Progress’s mission and goals.
- Experience with activism, organizing, politics, or nonprofits.
- Bachelor’s degree.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org .
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org .
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com .
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please .
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.