2012-2013 School Year
Commonwealth Connections Academy, a “school without walls”, is an innovative virtual educational program serving K-12 students throughout Pennsylvania in a non-classroom-based environment. A learning team, consisting of a Parent/Learning Coach, a Certified Teacher and educational specialists, work collaboratively with students using a standards-based hybrid curriculum that includes both online and offline options. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting new public schooling model that creates alternative teaching and learning options for students, parents and teachers by leveraging the latest technologies, capitalizing on recent policy initiatives and embracing a cutting edge approach to education.
Commonwealth Connections Academy is a public cyber charter school authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The school serves students in grades K–12 from anywhere in Pennsylvania. CCA is nationally accredited by the Commission on International and Trans-regional Accreditation (CITA) and the Middle States Association. 95% of all CCA parents agree their children are satisfied with the program in a 2012 survey.
Working from our office in Harrisburg, PA, the Special Education Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily administrative tasks of the Special Education Department such as answering phones and email, filing, assisting the Special Education Administrative team and teachers with administrative tasks, and other duties as assigned.
• Entering data into the online student information system.
• Generating reports.
• Answering the phones.
• Scheduling IEP meetings.
• Processing new students.
• Managing evaluations.
• Processing IEP documents.
• Assisting with Related Services Functions.
• Processing Medical Access information.
• Speaking with Parents and Students.
• Assisting Special Education Administration with a wide variety of daily responsibilities.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (with a concentration in Excel) and web-based applications is essential.
• Experience in a school setting.
• Experience with Medical Access.
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Customer focused approach.
• High degree of flexibility.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced team environment.
For more information go to www.connectionsacademy.com
- 2 years ago - save job