Commonwealth Connections Academy, a “school without walls”, is an innovative virtual educational program serving K-12 students throughout Pennsylvania in a non-classroom-based environment. A learning team, consisting of a Parent/Learning Coach, a Certified Teacher and educational specialists, work collaboratively with students using a standards-based hybrid curriculum that includes both online and offline options. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting new public schooling model that creates alternative teaching and learning options for students, parents and teachers by leveraging the latest technologies, capitalizing on recent policy initiatives and embracing a cutting edge approach to education.
Commonwealth Connections Academy is a public cyber charter school authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The school serves students in grades K–12 from anywhere in Pennsylvania. CCA is nationally accredited by the Commission on International and Trans-regional Accreditation (CITA) and the Middle States Association. 95% of all CCA parents agree their children are satisfied with the program in a 2012 survey.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Working from our offices Pennsylvania, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily administrative tasks of the school such as answering phones and email, receiving visitors, assisting the principal and teachers with administrative tasks, filing and other duties as assigned.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
• Entering data into the online student information system.
• Generating reports.
• Answering the phones.
• Scheduling appointments.
• Speak with Parents and Students.
• Assist school Principal with a wide variety of daily responsibilities.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and web-based applications is essential.
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Customer focused approach.
• High degree of flexibility.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced team environment.
Offices: Harrisburg, Lehighton, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Williamsport, Dickson City
- 22 months ago - save job