Assist Assessment Personnel with all phase of the Special Education process including: ARD Process, Testing (as trained and under supervision), SST, 504, Special Education Coordination. Assist the classroom teacher(s) in the preparation and management of classroom activities and clerical requirements. Work under the supervision of a certified teacher. (As assigned by supervisors)
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Help assessment personnel prepare instructional materials and classroom displays.
2. Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
3. Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
4. Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
5. Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
6. Provide assistance for the assessment personnel in all areas of special education coordination as assigned.
7. Assist with administration or scoring
Associates degree or higher preferred
High school diploma or GED
Valid Texas educational aide certificate and/or demonstrated competency through a state or local assessment
Ability to work with children with disabilities
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Knowledge of general office equipment
Some experience working with children
Texans Can Academies is a non-profit organization operating public charter high schools throughout the State of Texas. Texans Can Academies...