Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Eleven Months Per Year-Futur Employment Contingent Upon Funding
Report to Director of Student Support
Provide effective and efficient training and technical assistance on implementation of the special education assessment and behavior management/mental health (as appropriate) to school district staff throughout the region.
Master's degree in educational assessment or psychology;
Valid Texas educational diagnostician certificate or valid license as a licensed specialist in school psychology granted by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Provide technical assistance in the areas of special education as it relates to the
diagnosis, placement and programming of students with disabilities to assessment
personnel and school district staff throughout the region.
2. Provide technical assistance on federal regulations regarding the area of special
education and in area of specialty.
3. Develop, train and provide/facilitate professional development in the area of
4. Research, develop, evaluate and coordinate educational plans, programs, materials
and services related to specific assignment.
5. Comply with federal and state laws, State Board of Education Rules, and ESC board
policy and procedures.
6. Manage project budgets efficiently and accurately.
7. Provide training to district personnel in the use of instructional materials.
8. Compile, maintain and file all records and other documents as required.
9. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
10. Keep informed of and comply with ESC policies and procedures.
11. Articulate and support the Center mission and instructional philosophy.
Computer and Multimedia Equipment
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data.
Ability to instruct.
Maintain emotional control.
Frequent in-region and occasional out-of-region travel.
Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Works with frequent interruptions.
Ability to conduct on-site technical assistance and staff development.